[NL2-NL10] KK makes me cry

• Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      Hi, every day I run into AA with my KK, at least twice, yesterday 5 times in a row, with pfr 3bet range from 1 to 10 they have. what can I do after a 3bet, call and hope for and A on flop? that sounds stupid, if I call I give him good odds to hit anything or to have a good draw if he 3bets suited trashed, usually they always 3bet from sb and bb, that makes the fold harder coz they bluff alot in those spots. should i just call and see the flop, keep calling it down ? same way with QQ what u should after a 3bet, or if u 3bet they 4bet, im talking about regs with the same 15/13 or 13/11 stats..its too many times that I lose KK and always against the same 2 hands, AK or KK and AK beat me 4 out of 4 aswell, pfr AI..it makes strategy useless when KK is ur most loosing hand no shit
  • 6 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      KK vs AA is not common situation so you shouldn't think that when you go AI pre you will face AA and only AA. I mostly like going AI with KK asap as I don't wanna look for flop with 2nd nuts, I just don't need it. You can't mark only one way or one line how to play any hand, same stands for QQ - you can sometimes call opps 3bet, you can sometimes 4bet - it's truly situation and opp dependent.
      Read this great post bout calling 3bets.
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      KK vs AA is pretty common reg vs reg, and you cant really do anything about it, it would be ok if you lost twice with kk and u won twice with aa vs kk, but when u lose in a single day 5 times kk vs aa and the day before 4 times and every single day, at least 3 times, it kinda sucks, all ur profit is lost there,thats why if I could fold those KK i'd have at least 3BI or more daily..calling is not an option, and direct folding after 3bet is just sick...so that leaves no option then to lose..?
    • minihulk22
      minihulk22
      Global
      I don't like folding KK pre-flop , I hate it , but basically you have a coin -flip situation against a reg , he could have AA , AKo, AKs , in pkrstrategy equilator , KK has 51 % . So with this coin-flips , is it bad to shove , in the long run u'll have 0 profit , so it doesn't matter, again , against a reg.
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      51% against what range coz vs AKo,AKs and AA, KK has 47,1%. The problem is that most regs won't shove QQ, I rarely see a reg thats doing it, and most of them rather folds pre AK then 4bet shove so the range is narrowed down pretty much to AA or in the most rare cases KK but you having it, will make it really rare..
      and btw, KK vs AA has to be common, at least I see it daily twice minimum in 2.5k hands, so its pretty much common for me.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I see AA vs KK very often too. I already stated in the evaluation forum that against a TAGish opponent when he 4bets or 3bets shoves you will mostly encounter KK+. When 3betting he might have AK, QQ+ but when someone 4bets TAG vs TAG it's KK+ so if you call with KK you are hoping for a split against the other KK or smack your face when you see AA. It's just how it goes, especially when >100bb deep.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm not really surprised by this since I already advised before not to overplay QQ against 4-bets at micro-stakes because people only show you KK+, so the less QQ out there the less profitable it is for KK.

I know a lot of people don't share my opinion on this, even close friends, but I'm not opposed to folding anything. I don't really care that I'm folding the 2nd best hand in the game when villain is very likely to have the 1st best hand and you shouldn't either, as long as you can keep your head straight and realize it will be wrong against a lot of players to make that fold, especially when you move up, so you can't make it a habit.

At micro-stakes... Who cares seriously. If regs show you AA every time they 4-bet or jam over a 4-bet, it's clearly not profitable for you to felt KK bankroll-wise and it has to hurt mentally as well, so just dump KK when you're convinced you'll get "coolered" or call with it if you get setmining odds, nobody will ever know it.

Hope it helps.