[NL2-NL10] Nl10 SH 66 MP

• gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Hi, flopped really good and only aggresive fish (66/12 agg 8.8 over 87 hands) continued to play. Is this play too weak vs such fish? Board becomes really ugly on the turn and river versus this type of player so I was thinking that trying to keep pot small this time is the best option.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed)

Button ($13.97)
      SB ($3.95)
      BB ($18.47)
      UTG ($1.70)
      Hero (MP) ($13.54)
      CO ($5.93)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 6, 6
      1 fold, Hero bets $0.30, CO calls $0.30, Button calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.30) A, 3, 6 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.80, 1 fold, Button calls $0.80, 1 fold

Turn: ($2.90) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $2.90, Hero calls $2.90

River: ($8.70) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

Total pot: $8.70
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I would cbet a bit bigger, let the fish pay.
      Turn card is bad for you as he may have a lot of FD and even SD in his range, so I tend to c/c as well because he's so aggro and he will bet anything including worse hands, you can still boat up so I don't like playing b/f here, but b/c may seem a bit too much just because of so many possible best hands there.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Bet more on the flop the fish doesn't care, if he has Ax you want a lot of value by the river and if he has draws you need to make him pay for seeing cards before there are no more cards to come.

On the turn it depends what I expect him to do if he raises. If I expect a minraise from him I'll usually bet/call like 2/3 pot, since we should still get value out of random 1 card redraws and top pairs, planning on calling the minraise with odds and open jamming a board pairing river since he's never folding a flush. If he's more likely to like, pot-raise the turn just because he likes the pot button or something, then I like check/calling more, counting on him bluffing enough so that it's worth our while to check/call not to get blown off our redraw.

Hope it helps.