[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH ATo SB

• gonepoker
      Hello. Guy seems to be TAG only 27 hands played on my table so his 19/4 stats doesn't mean much. I made isolation raise and conti bet but haven't seen any logic in his full pot bet when I've checked the turn. I was thinking about his range for few secs and made a decision that he would have been reraised me on the flop with any set or two pair because of draw heavy board. So called turn and called river because it was kind of blank. Is that play ok? Thanks for reviewing:)

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed)

Hero (SB) ($13.16)
      BB ($18.60)
      UTG ($10.40)
      MP ($7.30)
      Button ($10.61)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 10
      1 fold, MP calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero bets $0.40, 1 fold, MP calls $0.35

Flop: ($1) 7, 10, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, MP calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.40) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $2.40, Hero calls $2.40

River: ($7.20) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $3.75 (All-In), Hero calls $3.75

Total pot: $14.70
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      I would fold turn. I don't think my midpair is good there often enough to make it work. TAG's don't pot without good reason.
    • MaestroOfZerg

No way. 19/4 player with ~75bb limp/calling from MP doesn't add up to TAG for me. He's probably just some random fish that calls too much and doesn't raise much, which means you're going to own yourself if you start assuming he'll behave correctly, like that he'd raise strong hands on the flop and such.

He could pot a top pair on the turn because it's a top pair and you didn't bet, he could have slowplayed strong stuff on the flop and now he's betting because you didn't, he could be bluffing with a random naked club. I don't think he's aggressive enough to just randomly turn medium strength hands into a bluff based on his 19/4 stats even after only 27 hands, but since we can't discount him doing that with Kx and frankly his stats don't really indicates he could be bluffing there often, it's probably a check/fold more often than a check/call down. Calling down isn't horrible tho especially if you've seen him either

1/ check back top pairs before (in which case his range there is more polarized to monsters/bluffs and since it's hard to have monsters, it makes it more likely you can call down profitably)

2/ bluff with draws, which also makes it more likely he's bluffing there since he's shown he can bluff.

Hope it helps.