Showing instead of mucking?

• Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
      What do you guys think of showing cards instead of mucking them?
      there are several situations in which one might show the hand:
      • After betting and the others folding
      • After bluffing out someone
      • When losing
      • and many many more

There are several downturns as you are showing part of your range and maybe some betting behaviour when showing cards too often. On the other hand you can build up a strong table image which in return could save you some BSAs/CBETs. Sometimes showing a bluff can work like a charm in MTTs or later stages of SnGs if you want some action :s_cool: Nevertheless, showing your hand heavily depends on the type of game you are playing.

Whats your opinion? Do you show your hand from time to time or never? if so, in which situations do you show your hand? what kind of hands? how often?
  • 8 replies
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      I would say during rebuy tournaments when you can rebuy maybe, but for the rest there will always be players who can take advantage of you showing your hand so I wouldnt advice you to show it.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Never. Poker is a game of incomplete information. Giving any additional information gives your oponent the edge.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      I never show, unless i have a really rare hand like a straight flush.. i think it's ok to show a hand as rare as a straight flush. Otherwise i have the same opinion as Primzi.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Online you should never ever show since it'll just add information about you to the players database..

in live poker you can show from time to time to induce tilt or to look loose or tight or whatever... But most of the time giving away information is a leak.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn
      Online you should never ever show since it'll just add information about you to the players database..

in live poker you can show from time to time to induce tilt or to look loose or tight or whatever... But most of the time giving away information is a leak.
      This.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I'd have thought when playing the higher limits you should so very occasionally to build up your metagame of being unreadable and unpredictable? To show you are not just playing ABC poker.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      I'd have thought when playing the higher limits you should so very occasionally to build up your metagame of being unreadable and unpredictable? To show you are not just playing ABC poker.
      Is any higher stakes player playing ABC at all?
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      Is any higher stakes player playing ABC at all?
      Bad players are...