Ante Blog

• fulja
      fulja
      Bronze

Hello there

My name is Ante ( no, my parents are not poker addicts and they didn't name me Ante because of that :D ) and I'm a 24 year old Croat. Started playing poker few years ago when a friend of mine invited me to play with him online for play chips :)

Found pokerstrategy about a year ago, registered, got my starting capital and tried some real money poker for the first time in my life. And i liked it... :D So anyway, didn't take poker that seriously so far, was a break even player for the first 6-7 months when i decided it's time to actually try and progress a bit in this game. So i took my roll that went up to 150$ at the time, and deposited it to FT...

Played, well, everything so far...MTTs, SNGs, cash FR&SH, pretty much everything except HU :D It was going quite well, built my roll to about 1500-1600$ mostly thanks to those RUSH 135man SNGs (they were so soft when i was playing them actively) then summer came so I decided to stop playing for a while cause NL25 was giving me quite a headache and I had no motivation to play or study anymore. Cashed out a bit to reward myself and have a real nice holiday and now i feel eager to go back and crush the field once again!

So far i played NL5, NL10 and was a decent winner there. Moved up to NL25 but really had no sample to figure out if I'm a winning player there too. Back to cash tables it is, but this time I'm thinking of giving rush poker a chance.

I withdrew most of my roll just now (gonna buy me something nice that will scream "THIS CAME FROM YOUR POKER WINNINGS" everytime I see it :) suggestions anyone? inflatable dolls perhaps :D ) and I plan to start fresh in a couple of days. Left myself somewhere around 35BI for NL10 which really should be enough to comfortably continue playing.

My plan for the next few months:

:club: Not bust my roll :D
      :club: Play RUSH NL10
      :club: Take shots at higher limits with 35BI for that limit (2-3 BI so i can catch a heater and move up quickly :P )
      :club: I will move down to NL5 if my roll drops to 200$
      :club: Learn and get better at this game

Drop by if you feel like it, I'll post some hands here, throw in an update or two every once in a while.

Here's a song for you who open this thread :)

• 77 replies
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      So, i played my first session and it went really well...up a bit less than 2BI in 750 hands so not bad, could have been even better if i didn't make one really really stupid play.

Here's a graph from the first session...

But yeah, that's what you get for answering your phone while playing and being concentrated so you can easily forget what happened preflop, on the flop and on the turn and then call a quite large bet on the river with TPGK :D

Ooooops :D

Oh well, learn from your mistakes....right? :)

Probably going to squeeze in another session tonight, but not really sure...still not in grinding mode these days, waiting to come back to the city. Still on a holiday in Dalmatia so "battery recharge" mode is on for the last few weeks :)

Decided to spring out and buy HEM, gonna go with the small stakes version for now, it's cheaper and it's not gonna be much more expensive to buy
      the upgrade when it's potentially going to be needed.

Moar Tenacious D for the end of this post :f_love: :f_love:

• fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      Put in another short session today and it just wasn't my day...played around 500 hands and then just insta quit the client :D 3BI's down for the day, with my EV being positive didn't really make me jump with joy so decided to call it a day and go browse the world wide web for a while.

Graph looks real nice though :P

Got coolered with KK < AA once, lost AK to JJ AI pre against a fishy opponent and a set vs a FD on the turn for 3 full stacks. Posted one hand in the evaluation board which I wasn't sure if i made the optimal move so I'm going to call it a night and hit the bed...

:f_love: :f_love:

:club: Hand of the night: :club:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $2.30
      MP3:
      $9.90
      CO:
      $9.12
      BU:
      $21.18
      SB:
      $7.30
      BB:
      $10.38
      UTG1:
      $10.00
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $10.40
      MP1:
      $7.12

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with 2, 2.
      UTG1 raises to $0.35, Hero calls $0.35, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.35, 3 folds, SB calls $0.30, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.5) Q, J, 2 (4 players)
      SB checks, UTG1 bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, MP2 folds, SB folds.

Turn: ($4.5) 6 (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $4.50, Hero raises to $8.55(All-In), UTG1 calls $3.65.

River: ($21.2) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.2.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, twos(2h 2s).
      UTG1 shows a flush, ace high(Qc 9c).

UTG1 wins with a flush, ace high(Qc 9c).

Standard or would you try and ship it on the flop?

Anyway, time for bed so good night to everyone :f_zZz: :f_zZz: :f_zZz:
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      standard, u dont really have to raise the dry flop.
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Hey fulja!

Glad to see u blogging;)
      What's ur plan now pokerwise? What kinda volume are u prepared to put in in a week/month? How many tabs of rush r u playin?

With dedication u ll fly through limits in no time;)

Good luck!

btw.. nh
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      Hi there :)

Still thinking about setting some volume goals, gonna play recreationally in August just because I'm not home yet. But probably going to try to average around 1k hands min daily through September (have some uni stuff to take care of). And after that we'll see, all depends on what my life will bring me in the future :D

But yeah, I guess that 1k hands daily is something that should not be a problem.

As far as multitabling, well...i had no problem playing up to 4 tables so far but decided to play max 2 for now...feel that having a bit more time to think keeps me from rushing too much and since $ are not my priority right now it's quality > quantity for me at this time.
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      Managed to put in a short session yesterday...and 530 hand later, I was down 0.06$!!! :D Was playing ok, gonna check through my hand histories tomorrow to check for some stupid plays but I think I played well.

Should've been 1BI richer, but wathever :D Shit happens :P

The graph almighty!

Play hand

Known players:
      MP3:
      $6.53
      CO:
      $44.25
      BU:
      $10.94
      SB:
      $11.84
      BB:
      $10.53
      UTG1:
      $22.11
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $12.01
      MP1:
      $9.04
      MP2:
      $7.05

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with J, J.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.30, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.75) 4, T, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, MP3 raises to $1.40, Hero raises to $5.10, MP3 calls $3.70.

Turn: ($10.95) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, MP3 calls $1.13(All-In).

River: ($13.38) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $13.38.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of jacks(Jd Jh).
      MP3 shows two pairs, aces and tens(Tc Ad).

MP3 wins with two pairs, aces and tens(Tc Ad).

Going for a quick walk now, have a craving for a bottle of cola so I'm getting one. And probably another short session afterwards. Will start one and see how will I play and then decide if it's worth it or not :f_cool:
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      So yeah, played a session and before you know it I started playing like a fucking donkey spewing my money around...Took a short break, slapped myself a bit and said, ok...let's dig out of the hole I made in the first 10 mins :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaand......here's the graph... :) How does that saying go? A picture is worth more than thousand words? :f_biggrin:

Anyway....see that vertical drop somewhere around hand #820, it's where I decided to become a serious alcoholic :s_cool: If there's anyone else interested too just drop me a message, we'll figure something out :)

Play hand

Known players:
      BU:
      $7.40
      SB:
      $23.21
      BB:
      $17.49
      UTG1 (Hero):
      $18.79
      UTG2:
      $6.29
      MP1:
      $13.28
      MP2:
      $5.89
      MP3:
      $4.05
      CO:
      $11.05

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with T, T.
      Hero raises to $0.30, UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $1.05, 5 folds, BB calls $0.95, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.2) T, 7, 5 (3 players)
      BB bets $3.20, Hero calls $3.20, MP1 raises to $12.23, BB calls $9.03, Hero raises to $17.74, BB calls $4.21.

Turn: ($49.61) A (3 players)

River: ($49.61) Q (3 players)

Final Pot: $49.61.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, tens(Th Ts).
      MP1 shows a pair of jacks(Js Jh).
      BB shows three of a kind, aces(Ad Ac).

BB wins with three of a kind, aces(Ad Ac).

Just called on the flop cause I was quite sure MP1 will just shove over with his overcards or potentially AK :spade: Oh well, that's poker...right? :evil: I mean, I know my game has a lot of leaks, it's not that I'm not trying to fix those, but it's just retarded when you decide to take a break from poker because you run like shit and have no motivation to play/study/improve to come back a month later ready to start fresh and have such a lovely welcome to the game :D

/rant over

Let's just grind it out :D

Ante out, it's bed time for me, have a trip tomorrow.
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      Came back home so I'll start playing a bit more these days, managed to put in a 1500 hand session yesterday. Was up about a BI in the end, not so bad, was quite a bumpy road during the session :D

Will post a graph and some hands later probably when i finish setting up HEM and everything on my home computer. But all in due time, first have to meet up with a bunch of people, get drunk a couple of times and so on...you know the drill :P

And then, GOOOOOOOOOO HEATER!!!!! :D
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      Managed to put in another 1k hands session today, and since i crawled my green line back above 0 I'm quite happy with my day! So let's make this a happy post :D

First 5k hands of my Rush adventure have passed so let's see how the graph looks like!

I feel good about my game atm, reviewing all the bigger pots so far ( still having some trouble folding 2pair+ hands when it's obvious I'm behind but working on it :) )... When I get more hands in then I'm going to start looking into some more specific situations where I can improve.

This being a funny post here's a funny hand! Check out the stack sizes :f_cool:

Play hand

Known players:
      SB (Hero):
      $40.76
      BB:
      $2.22
      UTG1:
      $24.61
      UTG2:
      $20.97
      MP1:
      $26.24
      MP2:
      $2.16
      MP3:
      $0.70
      CO:
      $56.39
      BU:
      $6.43

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, J.
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.2.

And yes, i was gonna fold to his potential 3bet :f_biggrin:

Take care everyone!
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      Disregard my previous post :D

Started a session this afternoon and wow it went awesome!!!!

Stopped playing at the end there with the last vertical drop, started tilting so ordered myself to stop playing cause spewtiltmegadonkey mode crawled up to my head.

Just one of those days when you never hit and your opponent always does. Lost KK < AJ & QQ<AK preflop, two overcards+FD+gutshot/oesd AIs on the flop didn't hit as opposed to another one of my set vs his FD AI on the turn that hit the river :f_p: :f_p:

Oh well, forget about it and move on, 11 stacks under EV so far and counting!! :s_cool: :s_cool:

Play hand

Known players:
      MP1:
      $10.36
      MP2:
      $14.20
      MP3:
      $4.00
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $35.90
      SB (Hero):
      $10.00
      BB:
      $37.57
      UTG1:
      $12.99
      UTG2:
      $11.18

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6, J.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.5) 9, J, 6 (5 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BB folds, UTG2 raises to $1.40, CO folds, BU folds, Hero calls $1.10.

Turn: ($3.3) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $3.30, Hero raises to $8.50, UTG2 calls $5.20.

River: ($20.3) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.3.

Results follow:

Hero shows a full-house, sixs full of jacks(6s Jd).
      UTG2 shows a full-house, queens full of sixs(Qc Qs).

UTG2 wins with a full-house, queens full of sixs(Qc Qs).

Not sure but I think I'm done for today, probably going out with some friends later for a friday night out, or in...not sure yet :D My friend has a nice little guest house in his garden so we'll start the action there and see where the evening takes us. Tbh, we will probably end up being there all night :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      Just a short update, my keyboard is fucking with my mind and I'm in a hurry a bit :D

Managed to squeeze in another 500 hand session so that brings me up to around 1k hands for the day. And that's perfectly fine. Won a stack back in this session so feeling a bit better then before :)

Now it's time to go out and have some fun!

Good luck everyone!

Just saw i dropped to bronze status! Damn you FT for not being tracked to ps.com!!!!! ;(
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      Yo yo yo !!! What's up everyone?

It's saturday, I'm home all afternoon so i finally played for more than 45min :) Tried to make it to 2k hands but started forcing myself and lost a few pots in a row by making some stupid moves so decided not to go for 2k. Here's todays graph!

Play hand

Known players:
      SB:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $17.50
      UTG1:
      $22.48
      UTG2:
      $10.92
      MP1 (Hero):
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $4.50
      MP3:
      $4.93
      CO:
      $8.00
      BU:
      $6.35

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, A.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.40, 3 folds, BB raises to $0.70, UTG2 calls $0.60, Hero raises to $3.25, MP3 calls $2.85, BB calls $2.55, UTG2 calls $2.55.

Flop: ($13.05) 3, 2, 3 (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 checks, Hero bets $6.75, MP3 folds, BB calls $6.75, UTG2 calls $6.75.

Turn: ($33.3) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.00, UTG2 calls $0.92.

River: ($35.22) T (3 players)

Final Pot: $35.22.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and threes(Ad As).
      UTG2 shows two pairs, nines and threes(9h 9c).
      BB shows two pairs, queens and threes(Qc Qs).

Hero wins with two pairs, aces and threes(Ad As).
      BB wins with two pairs, queens and threes(Qc Qs).

Now got to review my session a bit, have some hands I'm not sure were played well so gonna post them for evaluation!

Hand #1

I guess i should bet the flop and really have no idea why I checked it, now it looks like a really bad move. Tbh, have no idea where I stand....those 3bet/call moves confuse the hell out of me...we are both deep, so what's his range here? I really have little experience with deepstacked play. No stats on the guy so treat him as an unknown for now!

My main question is....as played, will he ever be bluffshoving stuff like flush draws, straight draws or maybe even pp's that i have beat. I'm not really sure...Any thoughts?

Play hand

Known players:
      MP3:
      $25.67
      CO:
      $16.65
      BU:
      $21.65
      SB:
      $8.05
      BB:
      $30.03
      UTG1:
      $13.43
      UTG2:
      $12.31
      MP1:
      $3.64
      MP2 (Hero):
      $23.38

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, Q.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BU raises to $1.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3.00, BU calls $1.95.

Flop: ($6.15) 4, 2, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($6.15) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, BU raises to $18.65(All-In), Hero does what?

Hand #2

Again, pretty deep so take that in consideration? That can really widen his preflop calling range right? Called me down 2 streets, makes me think he has something. Bet/fold river perhaps? I might get called by some random Kx he might have or even TT-QQ maybe? Everything that beats me will shove over me...or would check/call be a better option? I don't like it cause I don't really know how big bet can I profitably call + i saw a lot of ppl overbeting the river playing deep like that and he can do that with a lot of hands...

Play hand

Known players:
      MP2:
      $10.87
      MP3:
      $8.33
      CO:
      $11.33
      BU:
      $7.00
      SB:
      $19.76
      BB (Hero):
      $34.81
      UTG1:
      $7.89
      UTG2:
      $10.29
      MP1:
      $39.36

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A.
      UTG1 raises to $0.20, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.20, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0.70, UTG1 calls $0.50, MP1 calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.15) K, 6, 5 (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, UTG1 folds, MP1 calls $1.70.

Turn: ($5.55) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.30, MP1 calls $3.30.

River: ($12.15) 6 (2 players)
      Hero ?
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      I love rush poker :D

Play hand

Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $10.40
      SB:
      $12.88
      BB:
      $2.65
      UTG1:
      $22.97
      UTG2:
      $6.80
      MP1:
      $7.55
      MP2:
      $10.05
      MP3:
      $13.57
      CO:
      $14.43

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, A.
      UTG1 calls $0.10, UTG2 raises to $6.80(All-In), 4 folds, Hero calls $6.80, 3 folds, 2 folds, UTG1 folds.

Flop: ($13.85) J, 5, 2 (2 players)

Turn: ($13.85) 8 (2 players)

River: ($13.85) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $13.85.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(Ah Ad).
      UTG2 shows a straight, queen high(Qd Th).

UTG2 wins with a straight, queen high(Qd Th).

Played another session today and it's around 4k hands total for the day! 2nd session finished b/e but again 2 stacks under EV. Oh well, GRIND IT OUT AND STOP WHINING ABOUT IT!!!!!! :f_cool:

10k hands mark! Here's a graph! Yes, I'm a graphoholic :D

Good thing I have rakeback :f_love: :f_love:

Anyway....3am so lets hit the sack. Good night!
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      Hello good people!

Managed to squeeze in 3k hands today...Was a fun session, a few setups and coolers on both side :D Had a full house < full house < quads that i almost folded on the turn but just couldn't do it...too bad, would have easily saved me more than half a stack! And also few sets < sets but that happened the other way around so fun times I tell ya!

First session was a downhill ski race really, got slapped around like a little bitch, but managed to make it all back and even end up positive for the day. WOOT WOOT!!!!

I just love flopping sets :D

Play hand

Known players:
      CO:
      $11.97
      BU:
      $9.02
      SB:
      $6.14
      BB:
      $12.27
      UTG1:
      $9.04
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $10.73
      MP1:
      $26.09
      MP2:
      $19.94
      MP3:
      $13.70

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with T, T.
      UTG1 raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, MP1 raises to $1.40, 2 folds, CO calls $1.40, 3 folds, UTG1 calls $1.10, Hero calls $1.10.

Flop: ($5.75) J, 3, T (4 players)
      UTG1 bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, MP1 calls $1.00, CO calls $1.00.

Turn: ($9.75) 6 (4 players)
      UTG1 bets $2.00, Hero raises to $8.33(All-In), MP1 calls $8.33, CO folds, UTG1 calls $4.64.

River: ($33.05) 2 (3 players)

Final Pot: $33.05.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, tens(Ts Th).
      MP1 shows a pair of kings(Kd Ks).
      UTG1 shows a pair of jacks(Ad Jd).

Hero wins with three of a kind, tens(Ts Th).

Bed time!
      Good night!
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      Soooo, 1 week without poker passed, had some RL stuff to do, and didn't actually use internet at all :D Now I came back home, and kicked in a session just to warm up a bit :)

Just stopped by here to say hello and post a short update :)

Todays graph: I hate being stupid and spewing money around...like what happened at the end of the session....calling flop and turn knowing that I will fold river every time...oh well, gotta learn from your mistakes right? :)

Not really that many interesting hands tonight, all was pretty standard, i'll try and dig up some hands tomorrow to post in the evaluation forum. But there was a hand where i giggled a bit, always love when they shove while I'm holding quads, too bad he wasn't deep stacked when he did it though :D

Play hand

Known players:
      BB:
      $1.26
      UTG1:
      $6.27
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $12.07
      MP1:
      $4.12
      MP2:
      $10.40
      MP3:
      $4.97
      CO:
      $5.10
      BU:
      $10.05
      SB:
      $11.36

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with J, J.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 6 folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) J, J, 3 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.96(All-In), Hero calls $0.96.

Turn: ($2.57) A (2 players)

River: ($2.57) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $2.57.

Results follow:

BB shows two pairs, aces and jacks(Q K).
      Hero shows four of a kind, jacks(J J).

Hero wins with four of a kind, jacks(J J).

Off to bed now!
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      Hey fulja,

I just discovered your blog, you seem to be doing well and are playing well. I don't like your complete with J6o in the SB but other than that your playing all the hands well, and variance is a bitch but she's only short run. The money will start flowing in soon if you keep playing like this.
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      Hmmmmm....I could swear I made a post here last night when I got back home :D Oooooops, guess I was to wasted to hit the post reply button :D :D

Anyway, was saying something about no money oriented goals, and changing my thinking to bbs instead of thinking $$ that made me start playing better and improving faster!

Oh yeah, about that J6 complete, I really think it isn't that bad with so many limpers in the hand, have good odds and there's a great possibility of BB checking so i can see a cheap flop and get my stack in only when i want. It's not like I'm going broke there with every crap I hit on the flop :) So a complete with ATC every now and then when I get the opportunity is in order for me :)

Please let me know if it's a leak anyone :)

No poker so far today, gf time all day long :) :s_love: :s_love:

Gonna play a bit later this evening I suppose. Just have to manage to post this reply now... :f_confused:
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      About that J6o hand:

Personally I might consider completing with J6s. Just consider it, not sure I would though... Even if you get it in when you want and will be ahead when you do, with Rush poker it's usually better to focus on hourly rate rather than bb/100 hands. If you have fish to pay you off very often avoid any marginal spots. And this is one of those marginal situations.
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      Today was a leet day, put in two sessions, total number of hands played: 1337 :D

Started off real shitty, had some setups, tried off one real stupid bluff that didn't work so basically couple of stack down the drain. But again, managed to get it all back in the second session :)

Really have to admit it, I sucked out once today, a 3 - outer! And I was proud and happy :D :f_cool: :f_cool: But still finished the day another stack or so under EV. oooooops :D Oh well, those two lines will catch up eventually :)

Play hand

Known players:
      UTG1:
      $16.12
      UTG2:
      $12.67
      MP1:
      $12.87
      MP2 (Hero):
      $20.71
      MP3:
      $10.05
      CO:
      $10.66
      BU:
      $9.56
      SB:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $5.91

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, K.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, SB raises to $0.90, BB folds, Hero raises to $2.70, SB calls $1.80.

Flop: ($5.5) 6, K, A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.70, SB raises to $7.30, Hero calls $3.60.

Turn: ($20.1) 4 (2 players)

River: ($20.1) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.1.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings(Ad Ks).
      SB shows a pair of aces(As Ts).

Hero wins with two pairs, aces and kings(Ad Ks).

Some other hands that are interesting in a way...need a second opinion :)

Hand 1

No reads and no stats on villain so far...preflop and flop are standard, the more I think about the hand I'm more and more convinced that raising the turn is maybe a better line than the one i took. But what to do if he shoves than? I'm guessing he's bet/shoving turn there with 22, 44, QQ perhaps if he's not raising it pre which i doubt, and all flushes probably. Maybe even AsQx?

But as played, I somehow managed to convince myself to call even though I was pretty sure he's ahead with a flush. Was it just a good hunch or a logical explanation?

Play hand

Known players:
      MP3:
      $35.87
      CO (Hero):
      $16.01
      BU:
      $10.00
      SB:
      $11.04
      BB:
      $13.06
      UTG1:
      $10.40
      UTG2:
      $10.05
      MP1:
      $2.87
      MP2:
      $7.65

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8, 8.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BU folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.7) Q, 4, 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.5) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

River: ($3.5) 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $3.00

Hand 2

How do you feel about calling these late position limp/shoves. Against an early position limper it's a fold unless i hold a monster but what about these LP donks?

Play hand

Known players:
      UTG1:
      $3.89
      UTG2:
      $9.29
      MP1:
      $27.65
      MP2:
      $10.30
      MP3:
      $4.79
      CO:
      $3.65
      BU:
      $6.05
      SB:
      $3.99
      BB (Hero):
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, A.
      5 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU raises to $0.50, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.50, CO raises to $3.65, BU folds

See you tomorrow!