Fast BR Building

• JoeRichy
      JoeRichy
      Bronze
      Hi, I have been grinding cash 0.02NL and in 2 days i have profited $22 but I would like some tips on building a BR faster, Should I move up a Limit even though it's not correct BRM?

My current BR is $72

Any feedback welcome ty

Joe Richy
  • 11 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

If you want to move up the limits faster, you can use slightly more agressive BRM but make sure to move down fast if neccessary to not burn your roll. Not following BRM will result in you going broke sooner or later. If the stakes feel too low to you, you can always deposit some money to have a proper BRM for the higher limits.

Best regards,

Primzi
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Patience is the best skill a poker player can learn/display imo.

I've pushed to make my roll bigger faster in the past and it always ends the same. Badly. Just stick to the limits you are rolled for and maybe take a shot at the low buy-in MTT's once in while, other than that just be patient.
    • JoeRichy
      JoeRichy
      Bronze
      Ty for your post. What should my BR be for 0.04NL?

TY

Joe Richy
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Yeh, low buyin MTT FTW! Or even freerolls. I got almost my whole BR from Titan new depositors $2500 freeroll. Finished 1st with $575. I recommend this one cause half of the players are sitting out from the beginning so there's ~300 left to beat and they're pretty easy. And you get 4 invites once you deposit some money on Titan.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze

I'm an idiot. Don't listen to me.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      $50 for NL4 is a decent number. if you want to do it earlier, make sure u have at least $24 imo.
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      shouldnt we say the truth bout the secret ps roulette system we've all been using?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by MrPavlos
      shouldnt we say the truth bout the secret ps roulette system we've all been using?
      Is that the one where you bet on red and black at the same time and win nearly every time? It's awesome.

w34z3l
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      The mistake that so many do is trying to get your bankroll up too fast. It's not about bankroll, it's about how good you are as a player.

Even if you'd deposit your money and move up to fast wihthout enough experience you'd be bleeding money all over anyways.

Prioritate learning poker over making money. With experience the money will come regardless.
    • holnrew
      holnrew
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vonki
      The mistake that so many do is trying to get your bankroll up too fast. It's not about bankroll, it's about how good you are as a player.

Even if you'd deposit your money and move up to fast wihthout enough experience you'd be bleeding money all over anyways.

Prioritate learning poker over making money. With experience the money will come regardless.
      I'm learning this the hard way, lol.

Still, I'd rather that than have shot up too fast, got an inflated sense of my ability and blew it all.
    • MareksVas
      MareksVas
      Bronze
      Slow and steady wins the race.