Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Hero ($10.10)
      CO ($10.29)
      BTN ($10.41)
      SB ($10.05)
      BB ($9.08)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is UTG A:spade: Q:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, 3 folds

Flop: A:club: 5:diamond: 2:diamond: ($0.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.55, CO raises to $1.10, Hero calls $0.55

Turn: K:club: ($2.95, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2, Hero calls $2

River: 2:club: ($6.95, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO goes all-in $6.89, Hero ???

Opp: 36/9/inf over 35 hands

So he seems like aggro dude and I didn't rate his minraise much, but I decided to just call it and see the turn. Should I 3bet him and get it in? I was thinking bout that at one point but I wasn't sure if he's going to stack off with many worse Aces as being aggro and stacking off lightly isn't the same so I better decided let him bet his worse Aces on turn.
      River is... Well, I overall was sure he could bet worse Aces, but now it means I'm chopping against almost all Aces and all other combos beat me, so it seems like fold to me.

• 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Always hard for somebody who didn't play with villain to decide to stack off against a monster line or not, based on "he seemed like an aggro dude" and 36/9/inf stats over only 35 hands. A minraise usually indicates a polarized range, except against players that way overvalue pairs, which you seem to think that guy does.

If you're right about that you should either c/shove turn or c/c turn c/c river even on that one, he could be bluffing completely tho his turn 2/3 pot bet hints at him playing more of a made hand (players spazzing out will usually tend to make pot bets or weird shit, not specially a bet that allows them to jam the river correctly), it's just too costly to give us getting 2:1 when you're chopping often, even if something you're beat, there are so many Ax hands a player like you describe you go nuts with.

Hope it helps.