[NL20-NL50] NL4 A10 oop facing river bet

• wildfool
      wildfool
      Bronze
      So I'm not sure how i should be playing hands like this. MP3 is fairly loose.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand abspielen

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $3.74
      BB (Hero):
      $4.00
      MP1:
      $4.74
      MP2:
      $4.00
      MP3:
      $3.94
      CO:
      $4.00
      BU:
      $4.87

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, T.
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.04, MP3 calls $0.04, CO folds, BU calls $0.04, SB calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.16, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.12, 2 folds, SB folds.

Flop: ($0.44) K, Q, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.31, MP3 calls $0.31.

Turn: ($1.06) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, MP3 calls $0.50.

River: ($2.06) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.47, Hero ???.

so the flop hits my range i figure i might get him to fold with a bet. same thing with the turn, my A10 isnt a very strong here.
      On the river I decide to check, hoping he does the same and i win the hand with my top pair.

I come into these kinds of situations somewhat often. I'm playing out of position against someone who calls my flop and turn bets. I have some showdown value, so i check the river in hopes they do the same, and then they end up betting.
      most of the time i end up folding, but every once in a while i call, and a fair amount of the time i end up winning the hand. sometimes they have pocket pairs that they just wont fold, or a missed draw or mid-pair of some kind. any thoughts?
  • 3 replies
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      preflop-dont isoraise imo t nl4
      flop:good board to cbet (as played)
      turn:i ike the half pot bet b/c u do have top pair and u wanna control the action.
      river:2 options imo
      small blocker bet/fold
      c/f
      I dont think u r ahead often enough to justify a c/c. btw wrng forum section for nl2 hand.
    • wildfool
      wildfool
      Bronze
      doh, sorry for posting in the wrong forum! i dont know how that happened.

if an admin wants to move the thread to where it belongs, please do so.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think I can also judge it here
      You played your hand fine. Ats is fine to isolate pf, since it is very often ahead their ranges
      As played: I think I´d either b/f river to 1$ or c/c, since he can very often turn his pair+gutshow into bluff for some reason