This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL4 A10 oop facing river bet

• wildfool
      wildfool
      Bronze
      So I'm not sure how i should be playing hands like this. MP3 is fairly loose.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand abspielen

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $3.74
      BB (Hero):
      $4.00
      MP1:
      $4.74
      MP2:
      $4.00
      MP3:
      $3.94
      CO:
      $4.00
      BU:
      $4.87

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, T.
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.04, MP3 calls $0.04, CO folds, BU calls $0.04, SB calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.16, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.12, 2 folds, SB folds.

Flop: ($0.44) K, Q, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.31, MP3 calls $0.31.

Turn: ($1.06) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, MP3 calls $0.50.

River: ($2.06) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.47, Hero ???.

so the flop hits my range i figure i might get him to fold with a bet. same thing with the turn, my A10 isnt a very strong here.
      On the river I decide to check, hoping he does the same and i win the hand with my top pair.

I come into these kinds of situations somewhat often. I'm playing out of position against someone who calls my flop and turn bets. I have some showdown value, so i check the river in hopes they do the same, and then they end up betting.
      most of the time i end up folding, but every once in a while i call, and a fair amount of the time i end up winning the hand. sometimes they have pocket pairs that they just wont fold, or a missed draw or mid-pair of some kind. any thoughts?
  • 3 replies
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      preflop-dont isoraise imo t nl4
      flop:good board to cbet (as played)
      turn:i ike the half pot bet b/c u do have top pair and u wanna control the action.
      river:2 options imo
      small blocker bet/fold
      c/f
      I dont think u r ahead often enough to justify a c/c. btw wrng forum section for nl2 hand.
    • wildfool
      wildfool
      Bronze
      doh, sorry for posting in the wrong forum! i dont know how that happened.

if an admin wants to move the thread to where it belongs, please do so.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think I can also judge it here
      You played your hand fine. Ats is fine to isolate pf, since it is very often ahead their ranges
      As played: I think I´d either b/f river to 1$ or c/c, since he can very often turn his pair+gutshow into bluff for some reason