CO: $7.97
      BTN: $2.56
      SB: $2.00
      Hero (BB): $6.44 vp:17 pr: 14
      UTG: $11.28
      MP: $8.29

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with Q :spade: K :club:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.17, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.36) 9 :club: K :heart: K :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.66) K :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.35, Hero raises to $1, MP calls $0.65

River: ($2.66) J :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.10, MP folds

Not sure if the call preflop is ok. Think i should have folded. On the flop i check as i cbets 70% and this is an ideal board for him to do do. I don't reraise because his bet seemed kind of weak. After 200 hands he has a 100% fire second barrel so i check the flop certain that he will raise. Just wondering about the bet sizing. Should i have bet the river smaller to get value from smaller pockets? He used his full time bank on the river so he obv had something.
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

I think calling pre is fine.

If he's aggro enough and 2nd barreling often let him do that and c/r turn seems fine to me as he may have some pocket pair he will still continue to play and try to get to showdown, or he may even call with some kind of overcards.

Given your stacks such a passive game (c/c, c/r) won't lead to solid pot even tho you don't mind it and I really would like to c/r flop, but that would will fold a lot of his holdings he may still bet turn because there's not much options on that flop, either he has a Kx/99, maybe 9x or he's going to fold most of the times as he can't really stand a raise with a gutshot type of hands/pp's and there are no other draws possible so I'll better let him bet out again if you see he's capable of it. If you have reason to believe he may call your flop raise, raise it up.

I may bet river a bit smaller to invite him calling with lower pocket pairs.

Good luck!
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I would go for ~$1 bet on the river maybe even a bit less. You have the nuts and he is unlikely to pay you off judging by the way the hand was played. If he had shown strength then you could have bet this amount. If you bet small he might even consider you are trying a scared bluff and raise you as he if really aggro. Just my 2 cents...