[NL2-NL10] NL2 TPGK vs Apparent Moron

• fryandspicy
      Known players:       

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: , J:heart: . Hero posts a blind of $0.02.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, 2 folds, CO calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.07) J:spade: , 7:heart: , 9:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.05, MP1 raises to $0.12, CO folds, Hero calls $0.07.

Turn: ($0.31) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

River: ($0.55) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.40, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $0.95

The moron read is based on his stack size - i've taken to assuming all people who buy in for the minimum at these stakes are in some way mentally deficient. Having said that, I didn't want to go broke on a limped pot with such a weak hand. Flop, i'm thinking leading out was the way to go, for value. Can't really fold to his raise because of the size of it, right? Turn, i've got a redraw if he just hit a flush, unless he has the king, and i might still have the best hand if he's as stupid as i assume he is. JT? Pocket pair? Worse? I'm mainly calling for the flush draw here i suppose. River fold makes sense, but should i block bet that?
  • 3 replies
    • minihulk22
      limp w/ QJo from utg+1 ..? I don't think that's ok , I don't see any point of doing that ( maybe it's a bug , but I think you payed the BB , for 1 position ? ).
      This guy limped behind you , he could have PP, suited connectors , or some broadways if he is loose
      so I think I would find the fold button on the flop , when he min-raise . on the turn it's ok to call , but I don't know if you gonna be payed off so often on the river w/ 4 cards to a flush.
    • fryandspicy
      Yeah it's some kind of bug. If you look closely, you'll see there are two folds after the CO limp (the BU and SB) and then i check. I'll edit it now.
    • MaestroOfZerg

It's a nightmare without any idea of his overall aggressiveness.

On the one hand he limped preflop so he's probably not the most aggressive fish out there, on the other hand his line doesn't really make any sense. The flush and the A coming in should make him slow down with a lot of the strong hands that would raise that flop except maybe stuff like sets/AJ and flushdraws if he's capable of raising that, but then why would he bet the same dumb $0.12 on the turn with the flush and only increase his bet size on the river? Why increase his bet size on the river at all with sets/AJ? Often when I see that it's just people trying to make their bluffs scarier in a "WILL YOU FOLD ALREADY??!!!" kind of way.

Frankly against a 50bb I don't mind just 3-betting the flop and felting it out of position, we'll see worse pairs sometimes and maybe some draws, I'd be happy to if I knew he was aggressive. Otherwise just calling the flop is okay and then I'm calling down as played because it looks so full of shit.

Hope it helps.