In pursuit of SNG success and happiness

• Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      E ngā mana, e ngā reo, e ngā maunga, e ngā pātaka o ngā taonga tuku iho, tēnā koutou, tēnā koutou, tēnā tātou katoa. Tēnā hoki tātou me ō tātou tini mate e hingahinga mai nei i runga i ō tātou marae maha huri noa i te motu. Tēnā anō tātou katoa. Ka rere tonu ngā mihi aroha ki a koutou ōtira ki a tātou. Nō reira e ngā pae maunga. Paimārire.
      Moari welcome message, don’t know what it says.
      Introduction:

My ‘career’ started a few years ago when I managed to cash a freeroll on FTP for $2, overtime I managed to grind a few k playing various forms of holdem. Though, forced to make constant withdrawals, due to the no job problem, I’ve never managed to break out of the micro/low limits.
      Story so far:
      So I decided to start again and try to work my way up playing mostly only STTs. A couple weeks ago I deposited $100 on William hill so I could get a tracked account through pokerstrategy and gain points, but I did’nt like the software, slow load up times, etc. So I deposited another $100 on FTP and planned to work them both up.

I’ve started this blog to track my progress, set goals and hopefully get any help, suggestions, feedback if anybody ever reads this, also to hopefully improve my poor writing skills. But the main reason is to hopefully be a deterrent to tilt induced brain shit spazz outs, one of which I had yesterday causing me to lose my whole William hill roll. I might write the story of that later.

Ive worked through the $2 and $5 games and currently trying to crack the $6s without much success. Ive had pretty aggressive BR management so far but ill think ill stick with the 6’s till i get atleast 80BI for the next level.
      Some stats so far
      FTP roll: $394
      WH roll: $0.20
      $2: games played:71; ROI=17%
      $5: games played:153; ROI= 31.6% (was 50% at 120 games before yesterdays tilt episode)
      $6: games played: 70; ROI= -1.5% (EV adjusted ROI=21% if only)
  • 20 replies
    • mTxFaT
      mTxFaT
      Bronze
      Hey,

Your writing is alright, I started playing SnG's a bit myself so will try to help, if needed.

A couple of suggestions on tilit.
      - Play when you want to play( not because there is nothing else to do or you really need money)

- Try to solve your other problems outside of poker, otherwise you will start 3beting and going after your opponents a lot.

Pretty simple suggestions but they do affect your play a lot.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      so you won 7,000 through winning a 2 dollars in a free roll ?( ?( ?( ?( ?(

if so you should be hitting wsop :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

chris ferguson hasnt a patch on ya
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      Thanks mtxFAT,
      I have been doin that first suggestion a bit, just grinding but not feeling like it therefore only playing a B+ game, I should probably mix in some more study time.

Tuesday's Tilt Episode

I started up a set in the morning and things were going well until i lost connection 2/3rds of the way through and couldnt get it back for some f'ed up reason, so I lost them all, this got the ball rolling.
      In the afternoon I found the net again, played 2 sets and busted them all relatively quickly putting me in one of those dreaded '20 BI downswings' I hear so much about but didnt think it could happen to me. :baby:
      Unhappy, I thought I'd try my luck at William Hill but it didnt get any better. I literally bubbled every one, with the final ridiculous beat putting me on the edge.
      I'd had enough of poker but instead of getting up from my chair I proceed to the William Hill roulette table and put a bet on black..... 7 reds in a row later and I have busted my roll. I have a mild case of rage and head to happy high herbs to purchase some legal weed substitute which worked well. i stick to this for the rest of the day.

I guess Im going to fall back to basic level since my FT accounts not tracked and I wont be getting any points on WH. So wont be able to post in the hand threads but i spose ill deal with that when it happens.
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      chris ferguson hasnt a patch on ya

cheers pogodon, i wish

Im going banana picking at the end of next week, so i have just over a week to grind the 6's. My goals for that period;

[] play a total of atleast 600 $6.5 sngs (currently at 140)
      [] have a ROI>5% for those games
      [] gain bronze iron man status
      [] learn how to post graphs on here
      [] watch a couple silver videos before i get demoted
    • Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
      did i get this right?
      you actually have a engineering degree and you cannot find a decent job? ?(
      Nevertheless, wish u lots of luck!

BTW: posting a graph is an easy task if you have a copy of any poker tracking software (HEM, poker tracker, copilot etc.). Just take the picture and upload it somewhere (flickr, imageshack etc.) and then you can link it here. In order to do so you have got to click the yellowish picture in the editor (right to the youtube button) and enter the URL for the correspoding picture (the one you uploaded)...
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      Thanks for that Jehudas, ill post a graph of $6.5 efforts next week.
      +nice blog, just checked it out. how do you add to the bottom of your posts?

And yeah, engineer that cant get a job :f_cry: , I did chemical and proccess engineering and the demand for that is nowhere near any of the other types.
      Plus C's get degrees but not jobs.
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      After 120 game breakeven stretch things started goin well an i closed in on the red line. But shits turned to shit an ive had 20BI downer.I tilted off the last half of my last set then some more on tournys. I need to stop being such a little beatch when i lose

Had a pretty epic weekend that ended with me now having a strangers dead mothers ashes.

Goals update
      [] play a total of atleast 600 $6.5 sngs (currently at 326)
      [] have a ROI>5% for those games (currently at 15%)
      [] gain bronze iron man status
      [X] learn how to post graphs on here
      [X] watch a couple silver videos before i get demoted

New Goals
      [] Get rid of these ashes (find this guy or to the police)
      [] No more tiltn + stop playn when I dont think im playn my best
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      Apologies to all my fan for not updating ye olde blog.

I guess I cant really complain pokerwise even though id like too, ive moved up from the $6s and am working on calling myself a $12 reg but havnt really accomplished it yet. Ill post a graph for each buyin level below to illistrate the previous comment.

$6.5

$12

October Goals
      [] Buy new monitor 4 more tables obv
      [] 800 $12 games total (at 225)
      [] Iron Man, lost it this month :(
      [] 10 hours pure sng study- read, vids, Sngwiz, maybe look 4 sweat partner(s)

+
      [] No retaliation in the chatbox when I get abused, i love chat wars as much as anyone but it is not profitable and i dont have good comebacks
      [] Only whore myself to the tables during weekdays
      [] Do not try to grind while baked :f_confused:

Peace out homeys
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      nice blog.

Good work on the poker. you must be playing better than you do agianst me, or suckout even more often
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      Full Tilt Poker $25/$50 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players
      The Official 2+2 Hand Converter By DeucesCracked Poker Videos

BB: $5000.00
      Hero (BTN/SB): $2051.20

Pre Flop: ($75.00) Hero is BTN/SB with K:diamond: 8:spade:
      Hero calls $25, BB checks

Flop: ($100.00) T:spade: 8:club: 7:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $100, Hero requests TIME, Hero calls $100

Turn: ($300.00) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $200, Hero calls $200

River: ($700.00) 5:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Final Pot: $700.00
      BB shows T:diamond: 4:spade: (two pair, Tens and Sevens)
      Hero mucks K:diamond: 8:spade:
      BB wins $699.50
      (Rake: $0.50)

Got drunk friday night and played this hand with my whole roll.
      I am a terrible human.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      this is why drinking until passing out is +ev
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      October Goals
      [] Buy new monitor no $
      [X] 800 $12 games total
      [X] Iron Man,
      [X] 10 hours pure sng study-

+
      [] No retaliation in the chatbox when I get abused - getting better
      [] Only whore myself to the tables during weekdaysgetting better
      [] Do not try to grind while baked getting worse

October has been good not great. Jumped up to the $24's last week, managed to claw back 15 buyins to be pretty breakeven after 150 played, but 20 buyins below EV. Money swings are starting to feel big, i try to keep thinking in terms of buyins.

I really need to put in bigger volume next month but its hard 2 stay motivated and play A game for long periods of time. The flats power is getting disconnected tommorow cause we're so behind on bills so its goin 2 be really hard to get in any.Not sure what we're gona do, fuk its gona be shit
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      you gonna put together some movember goals? can you put on your oct graph?

did the power get cut? you can probably grind at our place for a bit if you like. just put 30% of winnings into our flat account
    • dotarian
      dotarian
      Bronze
      Schrader69 seems really solid played some games with you if you want to talk strats swings life etc... pm me your skype id
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      @bradomurder, i'll post graphs as long as u dont use them for masturbation. Ended up sortin the power 4 another month thankfully.

@dotarian, skype: d.schrader69
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I've got plenty in the wank bank with my good as run at cash games lately.

No promises though
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Seeing as your a NZer, which is practically part of Australia, I thought I should drop a line in your blog :P .
      You're playing the $12s on FTP? I'm erebus91, whats your screenname? Will try not to steal your fish :D

Good luck at the tables dude.
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      I have this condition that causes me to do stupid things after I drink alcohol, this week it was losing my iphone in town whilst climbing trees. Anyway 3days later searching along the river and bink there it is. Pretty stoked and i have learnt a lesson. Im goin to put a big bet on the melbourne cup today, try ride this upswing in luck.

Got free month at cardrunners this month too which is very nice, i'll be pounding those videos hard.

@gedwasher - thanks for post, i use same screename. Though barring a midsized downswing I'm hoping to stick with the 24s this month.

Havnt played any poker of late apart from a lil 50NLHU domination, and probably wont get too much volume in this week. Ill post october graphs when I get a chance later today.

Regards,
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      October graphs

12s

24s

November Goals
      [] 1000 games
      [] Iron Man
      [] 10+ hours study especially on Wiz, possibly sweat session or review
      [] Stop acting like a lil girl on every beat or downswing

Purchased tableninga couple days ago and i like it, esp since it came with a 30BI upswing. Got an interview for a job tomorrow but next week im really hoping to put in some ubersickdegenerate volume.

gl at the tables