Time to update the Poker Rooms page?

• 9 replies
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello tokyoaces,

thank you for your feedback. I will forward it to my colleagues.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • cjchalmers
      cjchalmers
      Silver
      I presume you guys know about the security leaks found within the cake software...

This has been a major factor in the decline of players ...

I can't remember where i found this information out but apparently the software is seriously flawed...

I'm sure a quick google search will give you all you need to know...
    • gape0000
      gape0000
      Bronze
      This is a summary from an article on PTR dated July 26th,2010:

In summary, there is a critical network vulnerability in the Cake poker network’s software which makes it possible to steal account information including username and passwords, and view hole cards. There is no 100% protection until the Cake poker network upgrades to OpenSSL. Cake has an erroneous security notice on their website which claims to implement a type of encryption that they do not have.

And this was published on August 5th, 2010 :

Cake Poker has released an update that includes SSL encryption for the second time. We can verify that the data stream is SSL encrypted on both the standard software and the beta client. We have been unable to reproduce any of the vulnerabilities we detected previously. We have not been able to verify that the SSL implimentation has been rolled out to all of the individual skins.

So i guess its up to everyone to decide for themselves if they trust the cake network or not from now on.
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Cheers for the clarification, but please let's not make this a Cake security discussion - for those, we have the separate Cake forum ;)

Hadi
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      It would be nice if poker rooms page reflected which poker rooms have native Mac OS clients.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zamoda
      It would be nice if poker rooms page reflected which poker rooms have native Mac OS clients.
      Just to answer this for you:
      PokerStars
      Full Tilt
      OnGame
      AP/UB (Cereus)
      OnGame (bwin, etc.)

Party has a decent flash client. It writes hand histories so you can use a hud with it.

Merge is launching their native Mac client on September 7th.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Thank you for your feedback.

I forwarded your suggestion already to the responsible team.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Just to answer this for you:
      PokerStars
      Full Tilt
      OnGame
      AP/UB (Cereus)
      OnGame (bwin, etc.)

Party has a decent flash client. It writes hand histories so you can use a hud with it.

Merge is launching their native Mac client on September 7th.
      PKR too..
      I mean, thats not that hard to find it, but it would be nice to have this info without having to go to the poker room websites.
    • sebralane
      sebralane
      Bronze
      cake is kinda rigged also...
      u have top pair@flop...and some1 have to call u off whit Ax and hit theyr A on river...75% of the time atlast...