problems with instalation elephant

• 300M3astic
      300M3astic
      Bronze
      i cant start using my elephant because i get the message FATAL: 28000: password authenticationfailed for user "elephant"

it says i have to fill in my username and password that i filled in at "postgreSQL" but i never filled in anything...? What to do?
  • 10 replies
    • sidamadrida
      sidamadrida
      Bronze
      im getting the same problem errrrrrrr
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hello 300M3astic and sidamadrida,

when installing the Postgre SQL Database Service for the first time onto a system this service will ask for a "super-user" and this user will be created along this installation. There is no Postgre installation without this super-user!

If you are asked to enter the credentials and the username "elephant" is already logged, than Postgre might have been installed together with the Elephant and the standard credentials for this case are:

user: elephant
      password: elephant

Please go ahead and try the password "elephant" for user "elephant".

Hope this helps,
      L
    • sidamadrida
      sidamadrida
      Bronze
      it had username elephant already there plur elephantpd in lower box i entered password elephant but it still comes up connection to database lost FATAL 2000

i,ve even tried downloading it again still the same

thank you
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sidamadrida
      it had username elephant already there plur elephantpd in lower box i entered password elephant but it still comes up connection to database lost FATAL 2000

i,ve even tried downloading it again still the same

thank you
      Have you tried entering "elephant" as username and "elephant" as password? You can also try "postgres" and "postgres" / "postgrespass".
    • gamas824
      gamas824
      Bronze
      Well, i've the same problem and i tried with those usernames and passwords, and nothing. I'm from mexico and i have the program in spanish, do i use the same usename/password?

is there another solution?

thanks! ;)
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gamas824
      Well, i've the same problem and i tried with those usernames and passwords, and nothing. I'm from mexico and i have the program in spanish, do i use the same usename/password?

thanks! ;)
      Yes, you should be able to use the same credentials IF you haven't created the service account on your own. Do you get the "wrong username/password" error or the"could not connect / 127.0.0.1" error?

Make sure the postgreSQL service is up and running.
    • gamas824
      gamas824
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mrk1988
      Originally posted by gamas824

thanks! ;)
      Yes, you should be able to use the same credentials IF you haven't created the service account on your own. Do you get the "wrong username/password" error or the"could not connect / 127.0.0.1" error?

Make sure the postgreSQL service is up and running.

I get this: FATAL: 28000: password authentication failed for user "xxxxx"

Where do i check the postgresSQL service?
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      You can find the postgreSQL service via your control panel -> Administrative Tools - services.

Try to enter "postgres" as username and "postgres" as password. You can also try "elephant" and "elephant".

If this isn't working out for you, please uninstall postgreSQL and install it again.

Please refer to this article: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/article/752/ for uninstalling postgreSQL.
    • M4r3kk1
      M4r3kk1
      Bronze
      Please what is it ?

"Connection to database NOT successful! Please ensuere PostqreSQL is runninq and your settings are correct."
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hi M4r3kk1,

welcome to the forums. I recommend you open a new thread for your problem so it won't be overlooked by our developers.

This specific messages just tells you that something went wrong. Either your login credentials are wrong or the postgreSQL service is currently not running. You can check that via the control panel -> administrative tools -> services.