Beginner´s Q about limits

• Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Hi,

I´m not sure if this should go in the beginner´s section or the Party Poker section, but my query is regarding limits.

I´m playing $0.02/$0.04 FL HE, and I´m wondering is there a great deal of difference between $0.02/$0.04 and the next limit $0.05/$0.10? Or are the skill levels quite similar?

Cheers
  • 7 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

I cannot talk from party poker experience, but in general it's like this:

Up to and including FL $0.25/$0.50 should be beatable with bronze articles.
      $0.5/$1 and $1/$2 should be beatable with silver articles.
      $2/$4 and $3/$6 is what you can probably still beat by implementing all the pokerstrategy articles and of course study your game quite a lot
      At $5/$10 and up , there is a lot of meta game, you need to balance your lines a lot, etc... You need to be very good to beat these limits.

So in general, there might be a very small difference between the two limits you are talking about, but you should still be able to easily beat 0.05/0.1 with the bronze articles. Of course, watching our videos, attending coaching and posting hands in our Hand evaluation forums will give you a bigger edge over the oponents and therefore a bigger winrate/faster limit climb :) .

Best regards,

Primzi
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Primzi,

Thanks for the info. That´s the answer I needed. Whilst I´m using the free $50 I may as well try my hand at some of the higher stakes for beginners. I find that I´m getting nowhere with $0.02/$0.04.

Cheers
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello again!

You should play 0.05/0.1 FR with at least $30 and 0.1/0.2 with at least $60 to maximize your profits but still stay within BRM :) .

Primzi
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      Hello again!

You should play 0.05/0.1 FR with at least $30 and 0.1/0.2 with at least $60 to maximize your profits but still stay within BRM :) .

Primzi
      Primzi, thanks for the help. My first attempt against $0.05/$0.10 was a complete blow-out. My second session went well, then badly, then got better before my connection went. I ended up about 5BB down. I'm not too unhappy about that :f_cool:

It's helped me highlight a part of my game that needs work - post flop play! I think I'm too aggressive, so anyone with a FD will check me to the river. Off to the poker strategy section I go...

(Also I learned that I shouldn't play turbo poker! I've got the ICM trainer, so I shouldn't need to waste my money on turbo!!!)

Thanks for your advice,
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello Helipacter,

Good luck on the tables and if you are not sure how to play a hand, post them in our hand evaluation board:
      Hand Evaluations FL 0.02/0.04 to 0.25/0.50

By the way: The ICM trainer is for SnGs. If you play Fixed Limit, this program won't help you.

Greetings,
      Hannes
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HannesZ
      Hello Helipacter,

Good luck on the tables and if you are not sure how to play a hand, post them in our hand evaluation board:
      Hand Evaluations FL 0.02/0.04 to 0.25/0.50

By the way: The ICM trainer is for SnGs. If you play Fixed Limit, this program won't help you.

Greetings,
      Hannes
      Thanks for the link Hannes, I've been looking at it over the past few days myself.

With regards to the ICM trainer, I meant that instead of ploughing my money into Turbo SnGs I should just use the ICM trainer - it's free, gives me a poker fix and doesn't affect my bankroll.

Cheers
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Well then everything is fine.

If you have further questions do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
      Hannes