This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] hypothetical situation with overcard on flop

• vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      Hey. Sorry I don't have a hand to post, searched but couldn't find one.
      This happens to me a lot and I usually don't know what to do. The situation is the following:
      I raise with JJ from, let's say, MP. Someone calls from the button. Flop comes: Qs 4h Ts. I bet half the pot and the other guy reraises. What should I do? push or fold?
      I have invested 8BB at least, now I have to pay 12BB to win 40BB, which means I need to win at least ~25% of the times to make it profitable.
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi vmarqui,

Q:s4:hT board is something I mostly cBet and depending on Villains tendencies as in can he c/R flushdraws as well or only nutted hands I call or fold

Thing with your hand is that you block KJ///J9 for the straightdraw.

If you equilate your hand with the board versus a range you can probably see that you do not have the necessary equity most of the times

If the board was Q:s4:hT, I can consider checking back to get value on the Turn/River

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      I see.
      Thanks!