Short Handed Cash Games SSS

• Trbst
      Trbst
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I started with PokerStrategy and InterPoker but for some freakin' reason InterPoker do not offer 10 handed tables for stakes less than $0.15/$0.25 at which I do not feel comfortable.
      Hence I have to play short handed tables. The thing is that the strategy has to change of course (i.e. lower starting hand req., widen calling range etc.) but I can't seem to find the "golden middle".

So how about you pro's share some tips & tricks :)

Thanx In Advance
  • 9 replies
    • Pacer357
      Pacer357
      Bronze
      Hi there Trbst, welcome to the forums.
      I have never heard of anyone playing a successful SSS game on short handed tables. To not offer fullring to the beginners must be one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. And please don't experiment your way to beating them even if you start to crush the tables in the beginning you wouldn't know if your strategy is correct due to the fact that you might have a rush. The starting hands in the SSS isn't just someones thought that might work it's based on equity calculations which aren't that easy to figure out unless you play around with equilator a lot. I would recommend BSS but that wouldn't work either because of the short tables in the low stakes. The only thing left seems to be FL.
      Any other thoughts anyone?
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Trbst!

Don't play the SSS on shorthanded tables because it won't work. We are negotiating with InterPoker to offer even fullring tables at lower limits but that may take some time (btw: that's also the reason why we don't offer the $50+$100 starting capital at InterPoker anymore).

Sorry for any inconvenience!
      Puschkin81
    • Trbst
      Trbst
      Bronze
      I see...well I hope that you manage to squeez some fullring tables out of them.

Btw does that mean that Im not going to get the additional $100 at interpoker (even though I got the first $50) ?
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      If you collect enough MPPs you will get the additional $100. But I wouldn't recommend to risk your bankroll to get the additional $100. The only thing I can recommend is that you take a certain amount of your bankroll (maximum $10) and give it a try. But if that doesn't work out, wait and hope for fullring tables.

Best regards,
      Puschkin81
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Pacer357
      I have never heard of anyone playing a successful SSS game on short handed tables.
      I do :D I play mostly live 4-6 handed, and both bigstack and shortsacks are wildly profitable. However it isn't the SSS taught here, and you do need some experience. It's also very easy to tilt off all your money, so you've got to have a little control ;) . It does also take a little time to experiment, especially if you don't know what kind of opponents you're against. Start playing very tight, then and only then do you widen your range little by little to adapt to SH. So unless you already have some experience playing poker live, or on another site, I recommend starting with something else, like fullring FL, or fullring NL on another site.

btw, I tried playing "my strategy" online as well, and it works almost as well (it's harder to read other players, but otherwise it's ok)
    • karlo123
      karlo123
      Black
      I have never heard of anyone playing a successful SSS game on short handed tables.
      thats not correct. there are players who play a OTHER shortstackstrategy with profit at 6 max tables. but make sure this is a hih skill game. only play the normal sss you will loose a lot of money. so only play the sss at full ring tables.

in this time we test this strategy for 6 max tables but its not absolutly clear if its profitable or not. the player who makes the winnings plays against fishes but i am not sure if you have a edge against a good player.

so play the the sss from ps.com only at fullring tables.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Originally posted by karlo123
      thats not correct. there are players who play a OTHER shortstackstrategy with profit at 6 max tables. but make sure this is a hih skill game. only play the normal sss you will loose a lot of money. so only play the sss at full ring tables.

in this time we test this strategy for 6 max tables but its not absolutly clear if its profitable or not. the player who makes the winnings plays against fishes but i am not sure if you have a edge against a good player.

so play the the sss from ps.com only at fullring tables.
      Are you russian (I heard something about russian site trying SSS on 6max) or are you talking about the german experiment on the forums? :)
    • karlo123
      karlo123
      Black
      i am not a russian ;)
    • tancika
      tancika
      Bronze
      Hi

I am also developing SSS for 6max - SH tables. Can i get in the contact with you guys that we can exchange some experiences.