worst badbeat streak ever...

• sonnymeh
      sonnymeh
      Bronze
      i've lost my whole bankroll playing SSS on fulltilt at rushpoker...this is the worst feeling ever...i've only playing QQ, KK and AA and the stats is like winning 1 of 10 hands...has anybody experienced this or does fulltilt hate me that much?
  • 37 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      As long as you use BRM, the variance shouldn't matter to you ;) . Only the game matters, results don't. (Read the poker mindset).
    • sonnymeh
      sonnymeh
      Bronze
      this is not variance, this is just a downward slop because of people making donkey plays and getting rewarded for it...

P.S. where would you find the mind set article?
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      And how is that different from variance ?(

The poker mindset is a book. You can also just read our psychology articles in the strategy section.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      full tilt is its aloud crap it has choosens ones every tournement ive ever played i always get beat by some donkey with 5 times the average stack getting runner runner to beat me , inless your a choosen one its inevitable you will lose to a donkey :D
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon
      full tilt is its aloud crap it has choosens ones every tournement ive ever played i always get beat by some donkey with 5 times the average stack getting runner runner to beat me , inless your a choosen one its inevitable you will lose to a donkey :D
      That's still variance. You need to run pretty much godlike to win a tournament, that's why it is advised to have an at least 100BI BRM for the MTTs (and as someone in a post one day mentioned, even 100BI is actually too little, 200BI would be better).

Best regards,

Primzi
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Try FL. :f_eek:
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      SH :f_biggrin:
    • robobi
      robobi
      Bronze
      I got Quaded 4 times this week...hadnt lost to quads since January...

2 times I had the second nuts Full house too....
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      HU
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by taavi1337
      HU
      now you made me shiver in fear
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      ur not the only one, this week im loosing vs river 2outer basically 4-5 times a day and its 100bb stack, with 40bb it doesnt even hurt so much, but with 100++ its a deep pain in the ass..if u wanna know whats nightmare u should see my hands..today 3 flop straight (rainbow board) lost vs runner runner, 4 nut full house (runner quads or 2outer higher fulls on turn or river) 15 times kk vs aa (this week) and 5 times ak vs aa just today (40vpip+ opponents..) i should see my bankroll above 1k now, and yet its only at 700, why? coz fuck the luckers thats why..u cant help it, try to motivate urself, my only motivation is that I have no job, otherwise...fuck poker u know... if u really wanna become succesful, you must have an upswing in the beginning, the one i always have, just the opposite side...down...down..downsings
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      As long as you use BRM, the variance shouldn't matter to you ;) . Only the game matters, results don't. (Read the poker mindset).

+1

If you use proper BRM in theory you should not go broke because you would have gone down in stakes. You are playing SSS when the minimum is 40BB buying and sss does not work.

I play mostly rush and I have made quite a bit but I play a lot more hands than you.

If you play a lot the reg will realise that you play only premium hands and will only play even better hands.

I also read recently that the better you play the more bad beat you will encounter. so you should be happy. That is because a bad beat only happens when you are winning when you put your money in and the odds are favourable to you and you opponent catch up. Therefore the more often you are ahead the less often you can "bad beat" your opponent, and the more opportunity your opponent has to bad beat you. (I think it was in the theory of poker (Slansky))

Therefore if you were playing perfectly and always made the right action the bad beat would always ocure against you and never in your favour :) .

If you had allowed enough bank roll to never go broke you would have found that it all balances out. after nearly 400k hands on NL10 Rush MSS my rockets AI preflop have won exactly 80% of the time.
    • tsiloulis
      tsiloulis
      Bronze
      same here man.. 3500+ entries, 7500 rebuys, 2000add-on's
      300 players left, i'm at top 50 with a quite big stack and this is what follows..
      early potition raise from me with KK . i get 2 callers
      flop: 10 10 3 i bet half size pot and a bigger stack calls my bet.
      turn: K i check in order to induce a bluff, and the guy donkbets me 2BB's
      i minraise him and he goes all in ofcourse i call him! and he shows me quads!!! ... i reach quite often high places in all theese mtt's guarantee tourneys so i will go on trying to get to the final table!
      (the tourney i was refering was a 32k guarantee rush)

ps: is there any article about any differentiations some1 has to include to his playstyle when playing rush mtt's instead of normal ones?
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by sonnymeh
      i've lost my whole bankroll playing SSS on fulltilt at rushpoker...this is the worst feeling ever...i've only playing QQ, KK and AA and the stats is like winning 1 of 10 hands...has anybody experienced this or does fulltilt hate me that much?
      nope, god hates you for shortstacking
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      or if your only playing QQ+, your probably playing too tight, and the blinds are killing you.... check out your red line for proof
    • moerpho
      moerpho
      Bronze
      Wow....FullTilt can really get me worked up! Had 20$ on my account and decided to play the NL5 Rush. Got dealt AA 4 times and lost every singel one! All in one session. 3 of them to KK (2 was a 4 card flush - 1 hit his set on the flop) and one to 77 (set).....SO SICK! Guess it's just variance but never had this happen to me before. Should mention that villain instigated the preflop all-in...Busted my entire bankroll in less than 2 hours. Played well (ok...some bad plays....saturday after all...) but got sucked out on over and over. Taking a break from FullTilt for a long time now. :baby:
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      I lost 2 times in 5 minutes with AA vs AA (must be rigged, omg, OMGGG).
      I'm still +6 BI up for the day...
    • monkey0nfire
      monkey0nfire
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wasy8
      lolol +1 for that comment i totally agree :f_biggrin:
    • EdVardenis
      EdVardenis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wasy8
      made me laugh... for long :D