LOL Donkaments

• Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Hey guys,
      my name is Ondra, i'm 18 years old and come from Czech Republic. I started to play poker when i was 17, like many people, on facebook. I really felt in love with the game. After i became more familiar with the game, i started to play for play money on full tilt. I was playing the 27 men sng and was in the "money" almost everytime, so i asked my brother if i could try to play on his real money account on bwin. I did really well, and because he had to focus on school rather than on poker, he told me that he'll leave me 10 USD there so i can play and that he's going to withdraw the rest.

After one month playing SSS there, i managed to reach 60 bucks, which was a big success for me. Then i was on a downswing, couldnt really handle the situation and lost all the money in a week. I was playing games i shouldnt have been playing. But I think it gave me a really good lesson that made me much better player. I learned about the importance of BRM and self control.

Then i learned about pokerstrategy, registered there exactly on my 18th birthday and passed the quiz and got my capital deposited on Party. I did well there too, but i stopped playing there, because i really didnt like the site (the rake is sky high, tournaments just suck, software isnt as good as at FTP's and the lobby is a mess).

Then i came across a site that offers free capital on Absolute poker, so i said, why not, i'll give it a try, i hope it'll be better than PP. The software is really good, there are really great tournaments, cash games are quite easy to beat. Now, after one month, i have 116 USD (about 91 bucks profit), thanks to 2nd and 4th place in one buck tourney and some good cash game results. I'd like to cash out these money though, so i can play on my favourite site - FTP.

So, there are my goals:

For 2010:
      -Play 5k raked hand so i can withdraw the money from AP
      -Deposit on FTP, play NL5 (I'll use bit more conservative BRM, 32 BI)
      -Beat NL5 and maybe reach NL10 at the end of the year (it's not really likely though, because i'll have a tough year at school)
      -Improve my game

For 2011:
      -Obv to reach NL10 and crush it.
      -Reach NL25 by the end of the year and do the same
      -Improve my game

Lifetime goals:
      -Improve my game
      -Earn enough FT points to buy that sweet Mini Cooper
      -Play at Poker after dark and smack Shanna Hiatt's ass :s_love:
      -Call Phil Hellmuth's raise with QT, K8. T4 and 57 and watch his reaction
      -Play against Sammy Farha, Doyle, Antonio Esfandiari, Vanessa Rousso, Eli Elezra, Durrrr, Phil Galfond and Ivey at the same table.

I hope i'll uptade my blog often enough and i also hope you'll like my blog. :)
  • 1087 replies
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      This week has been really great for me so far, i made over 20 bucks. And i finally played my 10kth hand and am finally 100 USD in profit. :s_love:

Btw, i tried the free 4 days trial of Poker Edge, and its amazing.. its a shame that its too expensive for me to buy a full version. :(
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      I'm doing kind of bad last few weeks.. i just have a mere profit, like 2 BI a week which is not much. :f_frown: It's just like i have 5 winning days in a row and then two days when i lose the profit i just made..
      Today was particularly bad.. i missed EVERY draw. After i didnt win this: A :club: Q :club: on K :club: Q :diamond: J :club: flop against villains K :diamond: J :diamond: , i was just disgusted and left the tables.

If somebody's interested in my stats you can check them out there: http://www.pokertableratings.com/party-player-search/Alficor
    • Tommino
      Tommino
      Bronze
      Btw, i tried the free 4 days trial of Poker Edge, and its amazing..

Be careful with using that. Make sure that room you are playing in is allowing usage of this software if you intend to use it. E.g. on PokerStars it's banned.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Thanks for warning, but i believe its not banned on my site.. It really sucks that i dont have enough money to purchase it, i think such software is very helpful.. :f_cry:
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Lost 2,5 BI today.. Had some coolers like flush vs. full house and top two vs. set vs. straight (with T9 on T97 flop - how on earth do you limp with pocket nines on the button? If he wasnt stupid and raised, i would have folded it on SB and wouldnt lose the money :D ) or some guy who shoved with a freaking openender and got there (its not a cooler but it still sucks).. I also lost a coinflip, when some idiot openshoved with tens and i had AK.. i had him on some Ax type of hand so i called and lost. overall i think i played pretty well, but these hand and some others cost me a some money.. I played 5 tables for the first time in my life and felt really comfortable with that (well, once i timed out with aces... :D freaking turbo tables). I think i might be able to play 6 or maybe 7 tables at the same time, i'll try it next time.

I also played 1k hands today, i have never played more hands on a single day.:s_cool:
      Last two weeks were really bad, i didnt have much time to play because of school, so i played only at the weekends. I finished both these weeks some 4 or 5 bucks down, which kind of sucks..
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      By the way, since i have some money on Party Poker, i took a shot at the new Double Holdem (NL2) and i love it. Most of players on this limit have no idea how to play so it's super profitable..:s_biggrin:
      Funniest thing today: i openraised 4 times the BB from UTG and entire table called.:f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: Ofc i flopped the nut flush draw and made it.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Guys, i'd like to hear your opinion about this: on the network where i play, there is no NL5 or NL4, which sucks. So, should i play BSS on NL2 or SSS on NL10? (The BI would stay the same - 2 bucks.) What do you think is more profitable?
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      deposit moar or move to better site
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BOBOsvk
      deposit moar or move to better site
      Yeah, i'm probably gonna choose the second one...

What a fucked up day today... Twice the same happened: i had KQ in LP and raised, one guy called with middle pair.. Flop was Qxx. I bet, he calls. Guess what, he turned or rivered a set in both cases. I mean, WTF? I wish i was this stupid and this lucky.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      misclick
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      OK you can now call me a fish for not making the easiest lay down in history of poker...:rolleyes: I'm so fucking bad..
      Seat 9 - DAKOLDSHADOW ($2 in chips)
      Seat 1 - DMX85 ($1.83 in chips)
      Seat 2 - B2KSNICK ($2.58 in chips)
      Seat 3 - RABBA112 ($2.16 in chips)
      Seat 4 - SHORTBUS1226 ($2 in chips)
      Seat 5 - DESERT250989 ($2.22 in chips)
      Seat 6 - ALFICOR ($3.90 in chips)
      Seat 7 - WHISKYONE ($1.91 in chips)
      Seat 8 - FISHSTICK31 ($2.13 in chips)
      DMX85 - Posts small blind $0.01
      B2KSNICK - Posts big blind $0.02
      *** POCKET CARDS ***
      Dealt to ALFICOR [4s 4c]
      RABBA112 - Raises $0.16 to $0.16
      SHORTBUS1226 - Folds
      DESERT250989 - Folds
      ALFICOR - Calls $0.16
      WHISKYONE - Folds
      FISHSTICK31 - Folds
      DAKOLDSHADOW - Folds
      DMX85 - Folds
      B2KSNICK - Folds
      *** FLOP *** [4d Ah Kc]
      RABBA112 - Bets $0.23
      ALFICOR - Calls $0.23
      *** TURN *** [4d Ah Kc] [2h]
      RABBA112 - Bets $0.61
      ALFICOR - Calls $0.61
      *** RIVER *** [4d Ah Kc 2h] [Qd]
      RABBA112 - All-In $1.16
      ALFICOR - Calls $1.16
      *** SHOW DOWN ***
      RABBA112 - Shows [Ks Kd] (Three of a kind, kings)
      ALFICOR - Mucks
      RABBA112 Collects $4.14 from main pot
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      I'm really angry at myself.. I lost 4 BI today, but still managed to finish 2,5BI up. I mean, this would have been a monster day if i didnt donk so much money away.:rolleyes:
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      OK you can now call me a fish for not making the easiest lay down in history of poker...:rolleyes: I'm so fucking bad..
      Seat 9 - DAKOLDSHADOW ($2 in chips)
      Seat 1 - DMX85 ($1.83 in chips)
      Seat 2 - B2KSNICK ($2.58 in chips)
      Seat 3 - RABBA112 ($2.16 in chips)
      Seat 4 - SHORTBUS1226 ($2 in chips)
      Seat 5 - DESERT250989 ($2.22 in chips)
      Seat 6 - ALFICOR ($3.90 in chips)
      Seat 7 - WHISKYONE ($1.91 in chips)
      Seat 8 - FISHSTICK31 ($2.13 in chips)
      DMX85 - Posts small blind $0.01
      B2KSNICK - Posts big blind $0.02
      *** POCKET CARDS ***
      Dealt to ALFICOR [4s 4c]
      RABBA112 - Raises $0.16 to $0.16
      SHORTBUS1226 - Folds
      DESERT250989 - Folds
      ALFICOR - Calls $0.16
      WHISKYONE - Folds
      FISHSTICK31 - Folds
      DAKOLDSHADOW - Folds
      DMX85 - Folds
      B2KSNICK - Folds
      *** FLOP *** [4d Ah Kc]
      RABBA112 - Bets $0.23
      ALFICOR - Calls $0.23
      *** TURN *** [4d Ah Kc] [2h]
      RABBA112 - Bets $0.61
      ALFICOR - Calls $0.61
      *** RIVER *** [4d Ah Kc 2h] [Qd]
      RABBA112 - All-In $1.16
      ALFICOR - Calls $1.16
      *** SHOW DOWN ***
      RABBA112 - Shows [Ks Kd] (Three of a kind, kings)
      ALFICOR - Mucks
      RABBA112 Collects $4.14 from main pot
      I hope you're joking. Raise flop, as played, raise turn. As played snapcall river but considering folding at any point is lolbad.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      i hate raising at any point in the hand being in position, please explain why you want to raise
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by ihufa
      i hate raising at any point in the hand being in position, please explain why you want to raise
      if the player is competent, then I agree that flatting flop and maybe turn is fine. but its nl2 and i imagine a lot of players at this level are all too willing to donk lead and call off with any ace here.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wasy8
      I hope you're joking. Raise flop, as played, raise turn. As played snapcall river but considering folding at any point is lolbad.
      I think it was an easy fold for me to be honest. I know players at these limits, so i was pretty sure he didnt raise 8x BB with AK or AQ, but that he had aces, kings or queens. 95% of them are just like "I want to make a pair first and then make a big raise", so they play these hands rather passively. You dont see many 3bets pf with AK here, do you? That's why i think it was an easy laydown for me.
      And i dont really see a reason to raise the flop as well, esp in position.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Why would you call with 44 with such bad odds? Yes, you are IP but you barely get 13:1 implied and if he has JJ+ on a A-hi board he'll fold. And as you see, set over set is also a slim possibility.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Why would you call with 44 with such bad odds? Yes, you are IP but you barely get 13:1 implied and if he has JJ+ on a A-hi board he'll fold. And as you see, set over set is also a slim possibility.
      But on low flop with a four, he'll give me everything. I just thought that risking 8bbs to win 100bbs is ok.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Well, yeah, it's OK. But on what flops will he go broke with a worse hand?