evening all

• pokerjonb
      pokerjonb
      Basic
      Hi

Had a look round and this looks like a great forum so hoping to dip in from time to time - as an experienced player I'm most interested in giving a bit back by providing any little bits of advice I can to help beginners.

I do have a question though. I write a poker column for a national paper and sometimes the topic might be relevant to a question, or of general interest. Obviously I don't want to spam the site with loads of links, but just wondering what the policy is on linking to articles you've written. the online version of the column doesn't include advertising and it's not tied in any way to any specific site. however, as a weekly diary of a player it might be of some passing interest.

In any case I'll hang around and chip in on the forums

Cheers

Jon
  • 9 replies
    • cjchalmers
      cjchalmers
      Silver
      Welcome to the forum .. i joined a couple of days ago and really like the look of the site ...

i also will be trying to give my two cents however i am typically above average ...

Am here speaking to you right now cause i just tilted super bad and just couldn't read the obvious lol ...

Anyways currently consuming a large volume of jack then going to pass out ...

This is one of those couple of days off moments , however i will be playing a live tourney tomorrow :)

(i always play my A game live no matter what) ... the hustle and bustle of the card room is just so much more exciting .... there is just so much more to pay attention too when you are not in the hands ...

Plus i consider myself a pretty good actor and tricking people into shipping it live is something i consider myself fairly good at...

n e ways .. that's my rant and a warm welcome to a very welcome experienced player...

If you would do me a small favor and tell me to sort my head out or you'll inflict some serious pain upon me that would probably help .. jk

Once again .. welcome, gl and look forward to hearing what you have to say ... peace...

Current status: :s_confused: / :f_confused:
    • pokerjonb
      pokerjonb
      Basic
      sort your head out son - there you go
    • cjchalmers
      cjchalmers
      Silver
      Thanks buddy ... nice to have you here...

• EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Jon, welcome to PokerStrategy, it's good to see you.

I'll provide you with a link to our forum rules, but as long as your column/blog doesn't contain any advertising, links to affiliate poker sites or any referral codes etc, it should be ok.

If in any doubt, feel free to contact either myself or another Moderator for clarification first.

I can also put you in contact with PokerStrategy's Press/PR people if you want to make your contact with us a little more official. I'm sure they would be happy to provide you with some facts/figures on the great stuff that PokerStrategy has done over the last few years. ;)

Look forward to seeing you active in the forums in due course, any problems or questions, don't hesitate to shout.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hi Jon and welcome to the community :)

Say, which paper is that you're writing for if I may ask?

Best regards,

Hadi
    • krazyjock
      krazyjock
      Bronze
      is it the daily record jon :p
    • pokerjonb
      pokerjonb
      Basic
      Sorry it's taken a while to reply to my own thread - turns out internet access is patchy at best on the Norfolk coast...

Yeah - it is the Daily Record krazyjock, nice to know someone reads it - which gives me a great opportunity to drop the link in! http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/pokerface/

Last week's column reviews a tournament we played for readers of the column and there's another one next Wednesday. Just a bit of fun - $15 buy-in, winner will get a plug in the paper. It's the poker_jon invitational on ladbrokes- password is record. (I can explain the name if anyone's interested - it's not named out of vanity!)

Only the 2nd running of the tourny, so could do with a boost in numbers - I might plug it elsewhere if that's OK.

And thanks for the info Bart - I have read the forums a fair bit in the past and mentioned them in a column in the past. If you could give me the PR details that would be great - a future column on some of the best forums might be just the ticket.
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      Good read :)
      Please drop us an email to: english@pokerstrategy.com
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Your welcome Jon, like I said it's good to see you join in the forum and you'll find us all friendly here.

Contact details as per MichaelM's post above.

Any problems, just shout ;)

Best regards,

Bart