[NL2-NL10] nl10 KK

• YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      I like the result of the hand but it just feels played wrong. I don't remember any reads on the player.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11.20
      MP3:
      $8.70
      BU:
      $23.55

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:heart: , K:club:
      Hero raises to $0.30, MP3 calls $0.30, CO folds, BU calls $0.30, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1.05) J:diamond: , 2:spade: , 3:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, MP3 calls $0.50, BU folds.

Turn: ($2.05) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, MP3 raises to $2.35, Hero calls $1.35.

River: ($6.75) 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2.45, Hero calls $2.45.

Final Pot: $11.65
  • 4 replies
    • Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      Bet bigger flop to 1.6€.
      Sieze of your bet says "oh damm I don't have J"

To a mini raise I call, bigger bet I fold.

River is tought, it depends.
      I might call or fold, you have a 40 hands on him so you should have at least few reads on him.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I would just check turn, and bet river again if he checks behind. As played, would fold turn.
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      I don't think that the bet sizing screaming "damn, I don't have a jack" is necessarily a bad thing.

If he had a J, wouldn't he just call turn and wait for a bet on the river to raise, or just bet himself if I don't. I think that's a better line than his if he had a J. When he raised, I thought he just might have a pair between 44 and TT and when he saw the 2nd J was happy cause it made it less probable that I have a J. That's why I checked the river - to induce, he bet and I called cause only a J would call a raise, I think...or a backdoor flush.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      I would just check turn, and bet river again if he checks behind. As played, would fold turn.
      Sounds ok. Nothing suggests a 28/9/1.7 is capable of raising the turn as a bluff on such a dry yet, he might be capable of calling you twice without Jx tho, with backdoor clubs or flopped gutshots, maybe some stubborn pocket pairs as well. Either check to him or bet/fold it to ~$1.25.

As played on the river you followed up with your turn call so that's fine by me, I just don't believe you should try and bluff-catch against people without reads on that particular turn card to begin with.

Hope it helps.