[NL2-NL10] NL10 99 pre and post flop play

• joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Silver
      should i have 3bet pre here? or is calling okay?

on the flop is shoving okay here and i just got unlucky? even to the 3bet on the flop?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $2.85
      MP1:
      $10.63
      MP2:
      $8.69
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $15.53
      BU:
      $25.12
      SB (Hero):
      $17.66
      BB:
      $9.90
      UTG1:
      $12.73

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, 9.
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BU folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.7) 9, Q, T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.00, CO raises to $3.25, Hero raises to $17.36, CO calls $11.98.

Turn: ($33.29) 6 (2 players)

River: ($33.29) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $33.29.
      Results follow:

CO shows a straight, king high(K J).
      Hero shows three of a kind, nines(9 9).

CO wins with a straight, king high(K J).
  • 5 replies
    • minihulk22
      minihulk22
      Global
      It's played ok , it's a heavy drawing board so it's good to go all in , villain could have a lot of hands AKs , AJs , QT etc. , you'll be ahead in many situations here .
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Preflop is ok.

It is difficult to say against unknown. If villain had TAGish stats I think you can consider calling his 3bet an reevaluate. I doubt someone who will call your 4bet here doesn't have bottom set beat considering you are 150bb deep.
    • joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Silver
      cool thanks guys
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

I think it's fine playing for stack here even tho we are deep, because you called his raise and his CO should be wide enough to have a lot of pair+FD/pair+SD/two pair combos there aswell as AA/KK and so on. Given that I think you should be fine overall, but if he's really passive/nit you may think of alternatives like calling, but given that board I think that means giving him card to improve and I think he will have to improve more often than we do.

Good luck!
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You can do it both ways preflop, I'd advice sticking to just calling with medium pairs until you get better at playing ranges, as you'll often end up flopping overcards to your 99 without knowing what to do with these situations out of position.

Postflop I'd lead out to begin with, it's a dead-ugly board for our bottom set and villain checking behind would be disastrous for our equity. As played not much you can do unless you know enough about him to put him on really strong made hands instead of some composite range including monsters and two pairs with random draw/pair+draw hands and stuff like that. Even if that's the case, your boat outs are often tainted because of him having stuff like T9/QT/Q9, if you hit anything but a 9 you'll have an underboat. And you're out of position which makes for poor playability overall. In short when in doubt just get it in and call it a cooler if you lose.

Hope it helps.