NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.40)
      Hero ($10.35)
      UTG ($3.87)
      UTG+1 ($10.15)
      CO ($47.70)
      BTN ($13.67)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:diamond:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.10, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.55, CO raises to $47.70 (AI), Hero ?

V:42/21/3bet 17%/AF 2.5/20 hands
      No history

I was new at a table, playd just few hands.

Limp/shove from passive player almost always is a nuts, however from stats this villain doesn'nt look like a passive one, so how to play?

Do you call or wait for better spot/more reads?
  • 2 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      AF 2.5 is not passive what so ever. It's rather more on the aggressive side.

Personally I would not call this because you are very likely against a PP and just wait for better spots because the guy really looks fishy. If you can't get some reads on him in the next few rounds just look if there are better tables to play.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Nothing wrong with folding when in doubt but I'd actually call it off.

Villain looks spazzy enough to do that with worse Ax/broadway hands that we crush. Even if he has a pocket pair we have blockers to KK+ and we're just slightly behind QQ-, so we're not exactly in trouble at all most of the time. Not really enough to convince most players to call off a 100bb shove either, but there is a twist.

Villain has a huge 500bb stack, which means two things: he's more likely to spew around (like trying to bully people and stuff because he thinks he's invincible) with a lot money to spare, and if we end up stacking him in that hand, we can play 200bb deep with a possibly tilted aggro fish, which is like the nuts of the profitable situations you're looking to get yourself into. I think somebody called it doubling-up-equity or stack-equity somewhere, you get the idea, it's basically long-term implied odds. To me it makes it overall a good idea to take a chance in that spot.

Hope it helps.