[NL2-NL10] nl10 JJ

• YUKNOW

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:heart: , J:club:
      MP3 raises to $0.35, Hero calls $0.35, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.85) 4:spade: , 6:heart: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.20, MP3 calls $0.70.

Turn: ($3.25) 4:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.80, MP3 raises to $10.14 (All-In), Hero calls $6.60 (All-In), MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($20.05) A:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.05
  • 4 replies
    • Janosikgdy
      I have got few question about way you played this hand.
      Fristly why did you choose to call preflop (why not fold or 3bet).

Secondly why you have choosen this particular betseizing on flop and turn.
      Thirdly what specific range you give to villain on flop after he bet/calles you, and on turn when he check/shoves you?
    • YUKNOW
      We had a bit of a history with him. I 3bet him some preflop and stole some pots on the flop or turn after he called a 3bet so I thought he might not believe me I have anything.

I just called preflop exactly because of my 3betting history and I didn't want to get 4bet preflop with my JJ. Although, I'd probably not 3bet even with no history cause I don't want to isolate myself against a value range. I was hoping the flop would be exactly what it was. I was putting him on broadway cards or an overpair lower than mine, those were the good scenarios. It was possible that he had QQ+, though and I called his shove only because of our history. That's actually the only spot I'm unsure about, cause my image was pretty loose by that time and one of a lucky fish actually, that's why I made the stupid raise on the flop - I wanted to irritate him into calling a couple of bets more, and I wasn't worried by his call. When he pushed though I really thought about it.

I was pretty happy when I saw his hand (SPOILER ALERT lol) - 99. But maybe it was a bad play cause he maybe wouldn't have such a hand often enough to justify stacking off.
    • minihulk22
      I would 3 bet him . His range from mp3 it's very wide all PP , broadways , suited connectors , connectors and it's easier to push off the hand an late position raiser . If he was an unknown I think I should fold on the turn , how he played seems that he has a strong hand and now is just jamming the pot .
    • MaestroOfZerg

Given your history you're left with either 3-bet/shoving or just calling your JJ preflop, 3-bet/folding you're bound to make a mistake in some way since he could be tired of you and starting to 4-bet crap, and 3-bet/calling usually leads to inexperienced players digging their own grave with hands that easily flop overcards. So if you believe he's capable of trying to play back just 3bet/jam, otherwise just calling to avoid 3-bet/??? spots is fine.

As played he probably isn't c-betting a lot of air hands on that board but his bet is smallish, so it just looks like nothing or some weak/drawing hand that doesn't mind keeping the pot small in disregard for protection. So I like your line tho I'd probably make both the flop raise and the turn bet a little bigger. If you don't believe he'll get curious with some weakish pairs against your raise, you're probably better off just calling and probably calling any turn since he could bluff again at big cards.

As played on the turn when he check/jams we're not thrilled but we didn't think he had a premium pair on the flop because of his weak c-bet and he sure as hell didn't have two pairs/sets (which he would have bet bigger way to begin with and 3-bet our flop bet with), so all we're left with are random spazzes with bad pairs / redraws and maybe sometimes a few 54s combos, I'm not folding either.

Hope it helps.