[NL2-NL10] AJs

• rorrlsh
      Hello guys. I just switched from SSS to BSS (NL10) and I'm wondering if i played this hand correctly?
      thanks for the insight
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      8 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG bajukm ($6.56)
      UTG+1 Roiderin ($10.69)
      MP1 xHinackx ($3.50)
      MP2 helle90 ($6.13)
      CO botinio03 ($3.90)
      BTN Hero ($10)
      SB paule1973 ($7.41)
      BB mibruz ($6.86)

Pre-Flop: ($0.25, 8 players) Hero is BTN J:diamond: A:diamond:
      [xHinackx posts $0.10]
      bajukm calls $0.10, Roiderin raises to $0.20, xHinackx calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.05, 2 folds, bajukm raises to $1.90, Roiderin folds, xHinackx folds, Hero calls $0.85

Flop: A:spade: A:heart: 9:club: ($4.35, 2 players)
      bajukm bets $0.50, Hero raises to $2, bajukm goes all-in $4.66, Hero calls $2.66

Turn: Q:spade: ($13.67, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 8:club: ($13.67, 2 players, 1 all-in)

I think everything was pretty standard here.
      Limp, min raise and min raise caller = 4xBB + 5 limpers + extra for BB and SB.
      Call after a Reraise.
      Trips on the flop, raise the donk bet, odds are good enough to call his shove.
      Correct me please if I'm wrong.
  • 4 replies
    • Duudalinja

I like folding pre against guy who limp/4bets as our AJ may often be dominated here. I would 3bet a bit smaller, like 0.80$ because I think making it 4 times initial raise should be enough given the fact you are IP.

As played there's nothing much to do, but play for stacks against midstack. I may raise donk bet bigger so that calling his shove would be even easier. As I said he may have AK/AQ - hands that dominate you, but at least you can exclude AA on flop, so if he's fishy enough he may have some kind of worse Ace or KK/QQ he still thinks is good enough here.

Good luck!
    • rorrlsh
      Thanks again.
      Well as I said it was my second session on BSS since switching from SSS. I tried only to implement some basic knowledge from few first articles of BSS.

Raises were a bit of SSS since I wanted most of them to fold.
      I considered folding the flop too, but I think this guy was a bit fishy with his play, since he did limp almost every possible hand and he less than min raised my 3 bet.

Anyway at the end the guy showed me J2o... I was pretty happy with it, but he could have easily had as you said AK, AQ.

Thanks for the reply.
    • Duudalinja
      That players seems bad, that's true, but overall characteristic of limp/4bet is nuts, just because in micros players rate 3bet highly and they don't 4bet bluff. You are lucky to have this guy around, but against more or less reasonable players you may get into trouble.

Good luck with learning and playing BSS!
    • yeahyoung0312
      This kind of fish might be good for this hand. But for playing at NL10 in general, they can cause trouble if you don't treat them individually and just think whoever play this way is a fish.

E.g., say next time in a similar situation against another player, you will remember this guy and say to yourself: "alright here comes another fish". And then the player will show you AK. Just this time it is for your full stack...

Fishes are particularly tricky for the game as they cause more variation.