Time To Take Some Time Away From The Tables.

• BCShad0w
      BCShad0w
      Bronze
      I think it's time to take a back seat away from money tables for a week or more.

I've only lost $15, but it's besides the point. I feel that itchy feeling of jumping limits to cover my loses, that gambling feeling. I think I'll stick to some of the FR, play like a true fish and just vent some, away from tables that can cost me anymore $.

I've been playing well, I just don't think I'm settled enough to take the hits I have. I understand that sometimes it may be my own actions and hey, thats poker.

What I know isn't me, that for the past four tournaments, it's come to the bubble... For me to be knocked out before cashing because of the same exact problem.

I'll go in with Kx suited, as long as that x is 9 or higher. It'll be 2 suited on the flop while the turn brings on the 3rd suited needed to hit my flush. Everytime, someone has shoved, and I'll happily call this on the river.

River comes, a 4th suited while the opponent has the A...However, his hole cards arn't suited. It's just mentally tearing me that I come on the edge of the bubble four times, to be hit by the same deal four times.

It's enough to avoid variance to get even to the bubble, let along to break it.

I just think I need to move away from the tables some, read the books I have and just relax on the freerolls and forums.

Variance is a bitch, period! Hopefully, she'll come to my side soon enough!!

/Chez
  • 8 replies
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      no shame in taking a break from the real money tables. gl when/if u decide to return to the real money tables.
    • BCShad0w
      BCShad0w
      Bronze
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      no shame in taking a break from the real money tables. gl when/if u decide to return to the real money tables.
      I'll deffo return to the money tables. I still have around $45 still on my account. At the moment, I personally disregard BRM and enter the $2.2 MTTs.... Generally due to being more frequent than those of $1.1 MTTs. I understand this is ill advised among many, but coming to the bubble in my last 4, I feel it's a very good investment if I break through.

However, I need to step back for abit and maybe recognise to maybe tighten myself up near the bubble due to these events, or possibly disregard MTTs altogether and seek to specailise in SnG or RG [this probably wont be the case, as I feel my own game is getting stronger, it's just these walls I'm crashing into]

Thank you for your good luck... I may need it to break through the hardened bubble!!

/Chez
    • cjchalmers
      cjchalmers
      Bronze
      Take the break if you feel that is correct for you...

However in that time why not read up on bubble strategy for MTT's...

If i am not playing great poker but got the itch I find that learning is almost as fun as playing ....

Good luck from me in the future ...

Also can i ask .. do you play sit n go's at all?

(your more likely to get a better ROI from micro sit n go's than micro mtt's)

After all we are barely making any profit in these until we run deep :)

Just a suggestion ... keep us informed about how you get on ....

Edit: i missed this statement "or possibly disregard MTTs altogether and seek to specailise in SnG or RG" .. i say go for it when you feel up to it (SnG) :s_cool: :heart:
    • BCShad0w
      BCShad0w
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cjchalmers
      Take the break if you feel that is correct for you...

However in that time why not read up on bubble strategy for MTT's...

If i am not playing great poker but got the itch I find that learning is almost as fun as playing ....

Good luck from me in the future ...

Also can i ask .. do you play sit n go's at all?

(your more likely to get a better ROI from micro sit n go's than micro mtt's)

After all we are barely making any profit in these until we run deep :)

Just a suggestion ... keep us informed about how you get on ....

Edit: i missed this statement "or possibly disregard MTTs altogether and seek to specailise in SnG or RG" .. i say go for it when you feel up to it (SnG) :s_cool: :heart:
      Yea, I've been looking at the bigger MTTs... Even though that's say its a $69+9 buyin, once they reach the money, what ever they cash, in realistic terms is a good return [imo]...

However, mirco MTTs you're looking to actually get onto the final table even before you make a double figure. It seems tideous, and it actually seems SnGs seems the best way to make the money in microstakes [imo]...

With the time and effort, I think SnGs are overall better. The field is smaller, and so are the cashes, but I'd prefer taking on one table rather than waiting for 13 tables to knock each other out before a final table!

/C
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      my best advice would be to completely stop for a week but try at least daily 4-5 hours of video watching some coaching (its alot free here just catch it) and read those articles, untill u dont understand its point..just stopping wont help a shit, learning will some
    • BCShad0w
      BCShad0w
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lizocain
      my best advice would be to completely stop for a week but try at least daily 4-5 hours of video watching some coaching (its alot free here just catch it) and read those articles, untill u dont understand its point..just stopping wont help a shit, learning will some
      Thank you for the advice. I think I intend to do some tonight =].

/C
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      i've never really played much micro MTT's, they are quite tough for me to get itm. However, i started off playing turbo SNG's and i'm cashing quite often now. It takes some time to learn to play SNG's well and you need to play quite a few games before you get better at it. You need to watch your opponents as well, when you learn how you opponents play, your skill will improve and your ROI will go up over time, :)

Good luck at the tables.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Micro mtt's and high buy in mtt's have the same structure... =) It's always about getting into the final table in mtt's.. everything else ain't worth it :D