This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 - AKs

• shanshichi
      shanshichi
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $10.32
      MP2:
      $10.12
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $18.80
      BU:
      $6.37
      SB (Hero):
      $10.13
      BB:
      $16.65
      UTG1:
      $3.75
      UTG2:
      $2.57

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BU calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.30, BB folds, MP2 raises to $2.40, BU folds, Hero calls $1.10.

Flop: ($5.2) K, 3, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, MP2 raises to $7.72, Hero calls $5.22.

Turn: ($20.64) 5 (2 players)

River: ($20.64) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.64.

rush poker . pretty standard after calling the 4bet right?
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

I think most players 4betting range = shove calling range, so either you are playing against 4bet range like JJ+/AQ+ and you are looking to get it in pre, or you are against like KK+ and even if you hit something on flop it may not be enough. That said I like either shoving or folding pre. I just don't think calling 4bets overall will lead to comfortable spots postflop as if you call and he has QQ/JJ/AQ he could shove pre, he may fold it if there is A/K on board and you show aggresion, so by that your preflop call is debatable.

As played I suppose you decided that your (A/K) outs are clean so shoving here is fine as you just don't have much of a choice, but at this point I rarely think he's going to shove JJ/QQ here, so I think you are against best of his range - AK/KK/AA.

Good luck!
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Agreed overall but I don't think your flop donkbet accomplishes much, if you believe he can 4-bet JJ/QQ just get it in preflop, against the rest of his range you're just going to make him fold his weaker hands and shove AK+ on you unless he's crazy aggressive.

Start by checking, if he has nothing he'll bet, if he has JJ/QQ he'll check behind mostly (then you can comfortably valuebet the turn and maybe river smallish) and maybe c-bet sometimes, if he has AK+ of course he'll bet but you're screwed against those hands anyway.

Hope it helps.