$10.13
      BB:
      $16.65
      UTG1:
      $3.75
      UTG2:
      $2.57

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BU calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.30, BB folds, MP2 raises to $2.40, BU folds, Hero calls $1.10.

Flop: ($5.2) K, 3, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, MP2 raises to $7.72, Hero calls $5.22.

Turn: ($20.64) 5 (2 players)

River: ($20.64) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.64.

rush poker . pretty standard after calling the 4bet right?
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

I think most players 4betting range = shove calling range, so either you are playing against 4bet range like JJ+/AQ+ and you are looking to get it in pre, or you are against like KK+ and even if you hit something on flop it may not be enough. That said I like either shoving or folding pre. I just don't think calling 4bets overall will lead to comfortable spots postflop as if you call and he has QQ/JJ/AQ he could shove pre, he may fold it if there is A/K on board and you show aggresion, so by that your preflop call is debatable.

As played I suppose you decided that your (A/K) outs are clean so shoving here is fine as you just don't have much of a choice, but at this point I rarely think he's going to shove JJ/QQ here, so I think you are against best of his range - AK/KK/AA.

Good luck!
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Agreed overall but I don't think your flop donkbet accomplishes much, if you believe he can 4-bet JJ/QQ just get it in preflop, against the rest of his range you're just going to make him fold his weaker hands and shove AK+ on you unless he's crazy aggressive.

Start by checking, if he has nothing he'll bet, if he has JJ/QQ he'll check behind mostly (then you can comfortably valuebet the turn and maybe river smallish) and maybe c-bet sometimes, if he has AK+ of course he'll bet but you're screwed against those hands anyway.

Hope it helps.