$5.53
      CO:
      $6.38
      BU:
      $8.75
      SB:
      $8.55

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A.
      UTG1 raises to $0.30, 7 folds, Hero raises to $0.90, UTG1 calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.85) 5, K, A (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 checks.

Turn: ($1.85) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, UTG1 calls $1.50.

River: ($4.85) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, UTG1 raises to $13.30, Hero calls $7.76.

Final Pot: $28.91.

villain had 8/8/44
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

I would cbet that flop, you have top two, he may still have worse hands so I think there's no need to get tricky, because he will rarely bet himself anyway, at least that's my assumption against a guy with these stats.
      So get your value on all streets if possible.
      When he shoves it's tricky. He's basically representing KK/AA and that's about it as I don't think he has 5x/22 in his UTG raising/3bet calling range and even if he has 22, he will fold it against your turn bet because I doubt he's overrating his two outer. So we may ask why didn't he 4bet AA/KK pre? Hard to say, but if he's passive he may just decide to use his position and now we are screwed when passive nit shoves over.
      Folding may be weak, but I don't see passive nit shoving worse hands here, so I expect to see one of those two sad AA/KK combos. If he is capable of shoving AQ or even AJ - that already solves a lot and calling is profitable, so basically it depends on his image, but 8/8 can't be too crazy overall.

Gonna keep this open, because maybe I'm too conservative with my conclusions.

Good luck!
    • minihulk22
      minihulk22
      Global
      I think if that villain would 4bet from utg+1 after u raised him he just turn his hand over and says , hey I've got AA let's shove it in , so maybe he got a little bit tricky and just call 3bet knowning that his hand is v strong and he could be agaisnt KK/AK/QQ , maybe it's a reg and it's just calling w/ KK , being in position , but this is also posibile . I think that's not the greatest flop for you his range fits perfect , AA , KK , maybe somethin like an AK .
      He decide to check on that board , no that many draws , maybe it's hopping you would bet w/ something marginal like AQ or even QQ , on the turn . On the river from his shove is just telling you that he got a full boat , I don't see him shoving w/ QQ , JJ or AJ/AQ. So I think u could do something crazy like folding there , in that case you're beat by AA, KK and you could split in w/ AK , but there's also the rake .
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Duudalinja
      Howdy,

I would cbet that flop, you have top two, he may still have worse hands so I think there's no need to get tricky, because he will rarely bet himself anyway, at least that's my assumption against a guy with these stats.
      So get your value on all streets if possible.
      When he shoves it's tricky. He's basically representing KK/AA and that's about it as I don't think he has 5x/22 in his UTG raising/3bet calling range and even if he has 22, he will fold it against your turn bet because I doubt he's overrating his two outer. So we may ask why didn't he 4bet AA/KK pre? Hard to say, but if he's passive he may just decide to use his position and now we are screwed when passive nit shoves over.
      Folding may be weak, but I don't see passive nit shoving worse hands here, so I expect to see one of those two sad AA/KK combos. If he is capable of shoving AQ or even AJ - that already solves a lot and calling is profitable, so basically it depends on his image, but 8/8 can't be too crazy overall.

Gonna keep this open, because maybe I'm too conservative with my conclusions.

Good luck!
      Sounds fine to me. I'll probably call it off sometimes especially if I have doubts about villain's mental faculties, as it's possible he's just completely spazzing out in that spot a few % of the time and there are only three combos of hands that beat us, all of them pretty unlikely. But if he's really just a nit and most of the time he will be, he just isn't bluffing in that spot ever, so it doesn't matter that he can only have very few value hands, "very few value hands" beats "no bluffs whatsoever".

Hope it helps.