This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl4 flopped middle pair flush draw

• monty90
      monty90
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($4.27)
      BB ($4)
      BTN ($2.91)

Dealt to Hero 4:diamond: 6:diamond:

fold, Hero calls $0.02, BB raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.08

FLOP ($0.24) J:diamond: 2:diamond: 6:club:

Hero checks, BB bets $0.24, Hero raises to $0.78, BB raises to $3.88 (AI), Hero calls $3.10

TURN ($8) J:diamond: 2:diamond: 6:club: 9:heart:

RIVER ($8) J:diamond: 2:diamond: 6:club: 9:heart: Q:spade:

Hero shows 4:diamond: 6:diamond:
      (Pre 20%, Flop 45.3%, Turn 29.5%)

BB shows A:diamond: A:heart:
      (Pre 80%, Flop 54.7%, Turn 70.5%)

BB wins $7.60

is this played ok villian was quite tight preflop i should fold versus the all in or is the call fine due to pot odds?
  • 1 reply
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Hello!

If he's tight and folding to raises a lot I would just raise it pre and fold to 3bet, because you have change to take the pot down right there. It's easy to play such a hands postflop, but I like having initiative and position.
      As played with completing and getting raised I tend to fold.

If you called and saw that flop it's one of the best cases you could have. I would raise his cbet as you could take the pot down right then if he had AK/AQ type of hand and if you get shoved you can call, because assuming he can do that with hands JJ+/AJ you have 46% equity and you need ~39% to make this profitable (3.10/8.00).

Good luck!