$6.14
      MP2:
      $2.24
      MP3:
      $5.00
      CO:
      $8.34

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      7 folds, SB raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.80, SB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.6) 4, 6, 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.60, Hero calls $1.60.

Turn: ($4.8) Q (2 players)
      SB bets $3.24, Hero calls $3.01.

River: ($11.05) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $11.05.

villain pure reg , 10/8 . Should I fold on the flop from 1 bet ? My thought was that he raise light from SB with tone of hands , but after he called 4bet , I put him on AQs+ , TT+ .
  • 1 reply
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

Players with such a stats over solid sample size are not raising light usually (unless you really know they do) as nits are just not familiar with such a thing. They raise whenever they have a hand and that's about it. I don't mind 3betting pre, but against such a guy I don't think calling is bad because his range is already narrow and by 3betting we narrow it down even more and that may not be good for out QQ.

As played it's really strange to get pot donk from nit guy as they just are not betting without a hand and without a good reason to do that. Well, making any assumptions here are hard without knowing how aggro he is, but I tend to either shove flop or fold it, because money will go in on turn anyway if you decided so, so better do that while there's change he may have FD/SD. Those guys are not usually bluffing or even semi-bluffing when potting bets, so if he's capable of playing 88-JJ like this - shove it.

Good luck!