Quitting Everest poker

• LarryHagman
      LarryHagman
      Bronze
      I have had enough of the customer 'lack of' support there, I have made my final withdrawal there and will run down what I have left of my bankroll.

I use mastercard and their insistence that I will get my 'cheque' in 4-6 weeks means that I cannot and will not use their site any more.
  • 16 replies
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey LarryHagman,

sorry to read that you are not happy with the customer support of Everest Poker.

Do you have some examples what went wrong, so we forward this feedback to Everest Poker?

Thank you,
      Hannes
    • LarryHagman
      LarryHagman
      Bronze
      Sorry for the long delay in posting, I've been away on holiday.

I made 2 withdrawals from Everest on 22/7 and 25/7, today (just by chance) is 6 weeks from the date I made the first request, I have not received a cheque, I have not received an email or any other correspondence explaining the delay.

Now I am entering the 7th week I don't feel that I can trust a site that is purely driven to take money and then mess individuals about when it comes to giving back, I would not accept it from my work, my bank or anyone else that holds MY money.

I feel that as a customer the time frame they have set is disgusting, 4-6 weeks for some office bod to print out and sign a cheque in this modern age is ridiculous. This all stems from them refusing to repay to a Mastercard Debit.

I have talked to my card issuer who has clearly stated that they would have no problem taking the payment as my card is not a credit card, but Everest said they had no intention of reviewing this.

I will not be making another deposit, I since ran what I had left to 0 and at 0 it will stay, once I have my money in my pocket I will uninstall Everest poker and play at a different site.
    • valenciagg
      valenciagg
      Bronze
      Neteller is a great option i feel, i play on everest and i can withdraw cash to neteller at any time and as much as i want, it surprisingly very convenient!!
      Further the maximum its taken is 2 days for the money to come in,
      Cheers,
      Which site are u shifting to?
      Poker stars or Full tilt?
      Adios
    • LarryHagman
      LarryHagman
      Bronze
      I'm not sure what site I am moving to, I'll take some time off and decide.

I received a reply from Everest, but that was only to say they had passed my email to another department, 3 days so far they are really on the ball this lot.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi LarryHagman,

Regarding your problem about the cheque, please contact our customer service. Explain once again the situation and my colleagues are happy to help you.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • LarryHagman
      LarryHagman
      Bronze
      I have sent a message detailing my problem, I appreciate any help.

I still will not be making any more transactions with them though, the trust and confidence in the site has gone.
    • LarryHagman
      LarryHagman
      Bronze
      The first response from them on the 2nd stated :

Dear James,

Thank you for your inquiry. We have forwarded this matter concerning
      your cheque to our payment department for further investigation.

Please be advised that it may take longer than the average 48 hours to
      receive a response, however we will contact you once we receive a reply
      from them.
      Now the 7th and after asking what was taking so long I get this :

Dear James,

Thank you for your reply.

We apologize for the delay in updating you on your cheque issue and
      expect feedback in the next few days (it normally takes 5-7 business
      days to trace the status of a cheque).
      I could only look at this in disbelief, 'may take longer than 48 hours' and '5-7 days' are two totally different prospects, I can only assume that they are using carrier pigeons as communication between these 'departments.

I have since asked them for the name and address of the authority that supplies their licence in view to putting in a complaint.
    • LarryHagman
      LarryHagman
      Bronze
      Still no further communication, even though I have asked for the contact details of the commission that granted their licence.

For me this takes customer service to a new level, admittedly a sub level, but it is a new one on me.

Now entering the 8th week, if I owed this to someone the bailiffs would be in taking my TV.
    • oblitron
      oblitron
      Bronze
      http://www.lga.org.mt/lga/content.aspx?id=85923

Next time, you may want to check the withdrawal options before you deposit.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      I have forwarded your case again to our customer service. I hope we can help you :)
    • LarryHagman
      LarryHagman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by oblitron
      http://www.lga.org.mt/lga/content.aspx?id=85923

Next time, you may want to check the withdrawal options before you deposit.
      I admit that I did not read the options thoroughly and have to accept that I would be paid by cheque, but I did not foresee that it would take this amount of time for them to honour it. 4-6 weeks you would expect them to have the cheque with you at the lower end of the time frame not, as it is in my case, running into the 8th week. Add to this the lack of information coming from Everest you have to agree that their customer service borders on contempt for the individual.

The lack of information and the mixed messages from Everest only compounds my frustration, it also does not show them in a particularly good light.

I understand that my case my be unique and they may be good 99% of the time, but as I am in the 1% I choose not to accept it, I wouldn't from any other company I do business with, as they would not accept this sort of behaviour from me.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi,

We answered again in your ticket. Everest is still researching this with their financial department.

Please be patient and as soon as they have any news they will contact you.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • LarryHagman
      LarryHagman
      Bronze
      Everest are still researching this, as far as I know, I emailed them yesterday as that was the 7th day in their estimate of 5-7 days but they have not responded, if I did this at work I'd be looking for a new job.

Very professional of them, their customer service is quite honestly the worst of any company I have done business with.
    • LarryHagman
      LarryHagman
      Bronze
      Got a reply, still investigating.

On the bright side, Christmas is coming.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      I hope your problem will be solved soon.
    • LarryHagman
      LarryHagman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HannesZ
      I hope your problem will be solved soon.
      Thanks, I hope so too.