hova
      Bronze
      Hero (BB): $41.65
      CO: $11.35
      BTN: $52.00
      SB: $33.40

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with A:club: Q:club:
      2 folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.50, SB calls $1

Flop: ($3.00) K:spade: K:club: 6:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.75, SB calls $1.75

Turn: ($6.50) K:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($6.50) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $4, Hero calls $4

Rivercall fine? His betting range is really narrow after limping and c/c the flop, chking turn. Mainly 6x, and there's not alot of it.
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      players usually isn´t going to c/c with A high hands on that board, so I´d prefer folding river
      You´re mostly behind against boat
    • hova
      hova
      Bronze
      Thinking in ranges, if his range on the river are lot of boats, what is his flop and especially preflop range there? Would it make sense for him to bet 4$ with 22-66 on the river? I will checkbehind that turn a couple of times to induce a call I won't be getting on the turn.
      I think we can discount TT+ or even 99+ to a large part. He c/c the flop meaning he probably doesn't have 66. After 66 gets counterfeited on the turn in his position i'd be c/cing it on the river. 22 or any 2x, as well as 33 44 is practically turning his hand into a bluff. 44 is thin though. So the valuerange left with are:
      55, 66 (discounted, theres a 6 on the board), 77, 88 A6 K6 Q6 J6 76 56 68.

On the other hand, if player's arent going to call with A high on that board, this means it's bad for him to bet anything less than 77 88, because there is no one calling with worse, resolving in AQ being as good as 22 (bluffcatcher).

Ofc I cannot, c/c the river since I'm in position. What do you think about it now?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hova
      Thinking in ranges, if his range on the river are lot of boats, what is his flop and especially preflop range there? Would it make sense for him to bet 4$ with 22-66 on the river? I will checkbehind that turn a couple of times to induce a call I won't be getting on the turn.
      I think we can discount TT+ or even 99+ to a large part. He c/c the flop meaning he probably doesn't have 66. After 66 gets counterfeited on the turn in his position i'd be c/cing it on the river. 22 or any 2x, as well as 33 44 is practically turning his hand into a bluff. 44 is thin though. So the valuerange left with are:

On the other hand, if player's arent going to call with A high on that board, this means it's bad for him to bet anything less than 77 88, because there is no one calling with worse, resolving in AQ being as good as 22 (bluffcatcher).

Ofc I cannot, c/c the river since I'm in position. What do you think about it now?
      The guy seems to be a fish so your reasoning is quite likely to be off. River call is kinda meh, you get to see his hand and possibly pick some information on the player that you have position on so I wouldn't say that it's horrible or anything, but probably losing in vaacum alone. I'd like it more if river was an overcard to a 6 like T or J.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hova

to make river call profitable he has to c/c flop with hand that doesn´t have any pair, meaning likely Ax or maybe some backdoor hearts. Since players usually isn´t going to do that on paired board I think river is fold, since he doesn´t have there enough times random hand that he now bets river.
      I think yous ee a lot of times 6x or p-s that he is valuebetting river, since your hand looks a lot like random two cards.