$11.28
      BB:
      $10.72
      MP2:
      $11.35
      MP3:
      $10.15

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      MP2 raises to $0.30, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, BB calls $0.90, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($2.3) 8, 3, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, BB calls $1.40.

Turn: ($5.1) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50.

River: ($10.1) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $5.82(All-In), Hero calls $5.82.

Final Pot: $21.74.

Facing the push, I thought villain did not have KK and AA as those are 4bet hands. AJ is very unlikely to call a 3bet but still possible. So I put him on AJ or a busted FD (which now I realize is way off and very unlikely at NL10. This type of wishful thinking is exactly the reason why I am losing at NL10).

I did lose my concentration there as the 7 completes an OESD. If I had noticed that I would tend to fold.

ANYWAY. My question is shall I get it in on the turn?
  • 7 replies
    • Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      Hi

I like to bet turn here, and even If I decide to check I check/shove here.
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Thanks for the comment!

You mean shove for value or shove for folding equity?

I felt somehow uncomfortable to shove on river after he bet out quickly on turn. I almost folded river.

Originally posted by Janosikgdy
      Hi

I like to bet turn here, and even If I decide to check I check/shove here.
    • Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      For Value.
      If opponent is ang aggro/or might take your check as a weakness (you know that he floats) then I might consider check/shove.
      however this flop is draw heavy and I don't like give any free card so better is just to bet.

One more thing, both of you have more then 100bb so I would 3bet a little more on preflop.
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Thanks! I didn't have enough read on the opponent but from the stats of 28 hands he/she seems to be a lag (VPIP/PFR/3b: 7/7/14.3).

The call preflop totally confused me. I put villain on JJ. That's why I did not shove the flop after villain bets and almost folded river.

BTW What do you suggest that I 3bet to? like $1.5?
    • minihulk22
      minihulk22
      Global
      Originally posted by yeahyoung0312
      Thanks! I didn't have enough read on the opponent but from the stats of 28 hands he/she seems to be a lag (VPIP/PFR/3b: 7/7/14.3).

The call preflop totally confused me. I put villain on JJ. That's why I did not shove the flop after villain bets and almost folded river.

BTW What do you suggest that I 3bet to? like $1.5?
      excuse me but a vp ip / pr , 7/7 I think it'a nitt & str8 forward player , nothing fancy .
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Hi minihulk22, I know. It's just that there were not enough sample hands so I thought the stats don't tell. I was wrong obviously.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd bet/fold the turn for about half pot against that guy and most loose passive guys out there. Against non-nitty and somewhat aggressive opponents check/shoving the turn should be fine as well.

The sample size is indeed important and even vpip/pfr stats tend to converge somewhat slowly for taggish villains, even tho for the fish you can usually spot their weaknesses pretty quickly. So assuming your sample size is like around 100 hands or so, I don't think you can conclude that you were wrong overall just because he showed you a better hand this time, he could still turn out to be some 21/19/3 capable of making moves like that that just went card-dead for a while.

Hope it helps.