[NL2-NL10] NL2 AA vs Broadway flop and two opponents

• fryandspicy
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A:diamond: , A:heart:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.08, 3 folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.25) J:heart: , K:heart: , T:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($0.25) 2:spade: (3 players)
      BB bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, MP3 folds.

River: ($0.75) 5:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75.

Final Pot: $2.25

1. Should i have bet the flop into two opponents when i have potential to hit a really nice card on the turn (heart, queen, ace) and they quite likely hit something?
      2. Come the turn should i call?
      3. Come river should i call?
      4. If no to 2 and/or 3, is it because of his bet sizing or are we always putting him on two pair or better here?
  • 3 replies
    • minihulk22
      You've played v passive , it's suicide doing this w/ AA against 2 opp on that flop , bet and bet big $ 0.2 on the flop . If your hopping to get to a str8 , it's a v small chance like 8 % to hit a Q , you have 5-6 % to hit a none heart Q .
    • Janosikgdy
      I agree with Minihulk22.

This flop is very wet and villain will call you with worse and you don't want to give free cards. Heart is not a nice card for you, even more it is very ugly.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Just play your actual hand for value on the flop, AA is still way ahead of two random players' ranges on that flop until proven otherwise. Bet big for value like minihulk22 suggested and take it from here, it completely dominates checking.

As played you cannot not call the turn after checking back the flop, who the hell knows what this guy is betting with, he could be betting a K thinking it's the best hand or one of the many possible draws out there just because nobody cared enough to bet the flop before.

As played the river is tricky, he could shut down with turn bluffs yet he might not, he could continue to valuebet Kx yet he might not. The first time you take such a passive line you probably need to call down if you have no reads, but it's certainly foldable against the right kind of opponent with reads, as some of them aren't good enough to continue valuebetting Kx and they are one-timers as far as semi-bluffs are concerned, so their range for potting the river crushes AA.

As for your last question bet sizing is a part of it yes, tho not a big one. We don't know anything about villain he could just be potting everything he wants to bet with, in which case it would mean nothing. If it does mean something it usually polarizes your opponent's range a bit, like people with middling Qx type of hands usually won't bet pot or bet at all, so it's more likely he's on some kind of monsters/draws range. We're not always putting anybody on anything, when we don't know the player we're just averaging the plays of everybody at this limit and making an estimated guess based on that, which is always kinda blurry no matter what because we lack reads on that particular player.

Hope it helps.