NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($17.38)
      Hero ($11.76)
      UTG ($5)
      UTG+1 ($4.51)
      CO ($14.24)
      BTN ($14.72)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: A:heart:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, fold, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

FLOP ($0.40) 5:club: 5:spade: A:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, UTG+1 calls $0.40, CO folds, SB folds

TURN ($1.20) 5:club: 5:spade: A:club: 2:heart:

[color=red]Hero bets $0.90, UTG+1 raises to $4.01 (AI), Hero ?

V: 66/11/2.3/74h

Preflop check by missclick.

I am wondering what to do on turn.
      Imo he holds better A rarely.
      His line looks like he crushes me with his range, however Excluding AQ/AK only 5x and 22 beats me and this looks like a small part of a range.

I have no reads on him but he is middle, sometimes aggresive, flop is drawy, and sometimes he could play worse A like this and I think that folding seems to be weak but I would like to make sure.
  • 5 replies
    • minihulk22
      minihulk22
      Global
      I think it's an easy call , villain could shove here w/ many PP .
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Why check the BB? You can raise to $.6 and just take the pot down right there. 3 limps look super weak.
    • Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      Missclick
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

I don't really mind checking preflop if players are not willing to fold, because if UTG+1 is limp/calling all the time he's going to call it anyway and by that CO may call behind and SB is deep enough with CO and you to call along if he has any hand with potential. So raise may not work so good as you would want, but if you think UTG is capable of folding at some point aswell as both other players - it's fine.

As played I like betting the flop and I think you should call it off against midstack. I wouldn't be surprised if I would see 5x/34/A2 here, but he may still have worse Ace and if he didn't have chance to get some action for a while he may think he has nuts and now is the time to get teh moneyz.

Good luck!

LE: Corrected first paragraph - mistype flop->preflop.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If they aren't willing to fold preflop we should definitely raise, them folding doesn't bring us close to as much value as them calling will. It was a missclick tho so no need to expand on that.

As for the turn I don't think you can fold against a midstack, we don't know much about him except that his range is enormous to begin with and that he's aggressive enough to possibly spazz along the way. So while it's certainly possible he'd limp pretty much anything preflop from AA to AQ/AK to loads of random 5x hands, he can probably show up there with random draws and worse Ax hands as well.

Hope it helps.