[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH 33, R flop CH turn F river

• yeahyoung0312
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 3, 3.
      Hero raises to $0.30, 4 folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) 8, K, 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.80, BB calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2.25) K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.25) 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $2.20, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.25.

I decided to go for pot control on the turn because the pot was inflated after I raise the flop and after villain called I did not feel comfortable about my 33. I think an 8 might still call the turn.

River completes the flush and I am pretty sure villain had flush when he/she bets. Betting a K or a 8 might just be too thin there.

Shall I bet the turn with my 33?

Shall I not raise and just call the flop and then bet the turn?
  • 3 replies
    • minihulk22
      I think your flop raise was fine , I think that smallish bet looks like a medium PP , but most probably K w/ a weak/medium kicker , but after he calls your bet , you're pretty much done w/ it , I wouldn't 2nd barrell on the turn because you showed that you have a great hand but even that you're opp called , I can't imagine that you can make your opp to fold .
    • yeahyoung0312
      I thought a nut FD is more likely. If he had K, why not he bet out on the turn and instead, bet out on the river which completes the flush?
    • Duudalinja

I think you overall played it fine. Against a player who never donks/is rather passive I may just fold flop because he just won't fold anything he has there against your raise and your equity sucks, so we can't really go nuts with 33, but if he likes donking a lot and he fold them time by time raising is fine to avoid turn bets.
      Checking back turn I think is the best play, because we can't really vbet here, we may try to rep King, but that my go down the drain if he has one or he's just not folding any FD/pp anyway.
      River bet is obvious fold. Our 33 is valuable for set mining, but once it goes to beating made hands we are often in trouble and shaking off opponents who just doesn't fold anything may become a bit too costly.

Good luck!