Starting Hands in the Blinds

• DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

I'd like to know what do you usually raise preflop when you are in the SB or BB and there are 2-3 limpers in front of you (and we are in the early stage).. I'd like to raise here JJ+, AJs+ and prefer to overlimp TT and below and AJo and below..

I play the $3,40's at Pokerstars and I find that most of the time the table dynamic is very loose-passive and/or LAG..

Any feedback is highly appreciated..

Greetzz
  • 8 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      with 1 limper rarely with 2 i will raise AQ, with 2/3+ limpers i will just overcall with AK. Don't like to bloat the pot when i have to fold the flop very often against the loose passive limpers.

I prefer to raise TT+ almost everytime.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      In a limp pot, i raise with every hand that is worth raising - any pair, AT+ and KJ+... i think that if everyone limped, and you have like KJ, you obv have the best hand since ppl would raise if they had better hand. Plus by raising, you have a chance of winning the pot preflop without having to make a hand on the flop.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      More than 2 limpers just overcall. I prefer raising with 99+ here but that may be a bit loose for some and possibly not correct.
    • DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      In a limp pot, i raise with every hand that is worth raising - any pair, AT+ and KJ+... i think that if everyone limped, and you have like KJ, you obv have the best hand since ppl would raise if they had better hand. Plus by raising, you have a chance of winning the pot preflop without having to make a hand on the flop.
      Wow any pair, KJ+ OOP in a loose game.. Quite loose imo.. I don't see how that can be +EV w/ any pair and certainly OOP imo..
    • DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elhh82
      with 1 limper rarely with 2 i will raise AQ, with 2/3+ limpers i will just overcall with AK. Don't like to bloat the pot when i have to fold the flop very often against the loose passive limpers.

Are u not losing value by overcalling AK preflop with 2-3 limpers instead of raising it? I find that quite too tight .. It's still a premium hand..
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      AQ+

JJ+

love to just check/limp with TT and below... AJs I prefer to check and complete in the sb.. and a lot of suited aces for that matter...
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DonCorleone369
      Originally posted by elhh82

Are u not losing value by overcalling AK preflop with 2-3 limpers instead of raising it? I find that quite too tight .. It's still a premium hand..
      Depends on who is limping. Against tight regs, i will raise it because they won't call most of the time.

Also depends on the stack depth, if we're in the first level, then i will still raise it because its cheap. When blinds are like t80+ i think the raise it a bit too expensive.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DonCorleone369
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Wow any pair, KJ+ OOP in a loose game.. Quite loose imo.. I don't see how that can be +EV w/ any pair and certainly OOP imo..
      Oops, sorry, i didnt notice that he wrote "in a loose game".