This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Starting Hands in the Blinds

• DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

I'd like to know what do you usually raise preflop when you are in the SB or BB and there are 2-3 limpers in front of you (and we are in the early stage).. I'd like to raise here JJ+, AJs+ and prefer to overlimp TT and below and AJo and below..

I play the $3,40's at Pokerstars and I find that most of the time the table dynamic is very loose-passive and/or LAG..

Any feedback is highly appreciated..

Greetzz
  • 8 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      with 1 limper rarely with 2 i will raise AQ, with 2/3+ limpers i will just overcall with AK. Don't like to bloat the pot when i have to fold the flop very often against the loose passive limpers.

I prefer to raise TT+ almost everytime.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      In a limp pot, i raise with every hand that is worth raising - any pair, AT+ and KJ+... i think that if everyone limped, and you have like KJ, you obv have the best hand since ppl would raise if they had better hand. Plus by raising, you have a chance of winning the pot preflop without having to make a hand on the flop.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      More than 2 limpers just overcall. I prefer raising with 99+ here but that may be a bit loose for some and possibly not correct.
    • DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      In a limp pot, i raise with every hand that is worth raising - any pair, AT+ and KJ+... i think that if everyone limped, and you have like KJ, you obv have the best hand since ppl would raise if they had better hand. Plus by raising, you have a chance of winning the pot preflop without having to make a hand on the flop.
      Wow any pair, KJ+ OOP in a loose game.. Quite loose imo.. I don't see how that can be +EV w/ any pair and certainly OOP imo..
    • DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elhh82
      with 1 limper rarely with 2 i will raise AQ, with 2/3+ limpers i will just overcall with AK. Don't like to bloat the pot when i have to fold the flop very often against the loose passive limpers.

Are u not losing value by overcalling AK preflop with 2-3 limpers instead of raising it? I find that quite too tight .. It's still a premium hand..
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      AQ+

JJ+

love to just check/limp with TT and below... AJs I prefer to check and complete in the sb.. and a lot of suited aces for that matter...
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DonCorleone369
      Originally posted by elhh82

Are u not losing value by overcalling AK preflop with 2-3 limpers instead of raising it? I find that quite too tight .. It's still a premium hand..
      Depends on who is limping. Against tight regs, i will raise it because they won't call most of the time.

Also depends on the stack depth, if we're in the first level, then i will still raise it because its cheap. When blinds are like t80+ i think the raise it a bit too expensive.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DonCorleone369
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Wow any pair, KJ+ OOP in a loose game.. Quite loose imo.. I don't see how that can be +EV w/ any pair and certainly OOP imo..
      Oops, sorry, i didnt notice that he wrote "in a loose game".