You Listen To Music?

• BCShad0w
      BCShad0w
      Bronze
      I was just wondering how many players listen to music while they play?

I seem to always do better, or play differently depending on the music I'm listening too. Probably a leak within my game, but I've actually never played the same player twice yet, and I very much doubt they'll ever remember my style!

If you do listen to music, what do you listen to and why?

/Chez
  • 22 replies
    • huluvu21
      huluvu21
      Bronze
      i always listen to music. radio to be honest (the one where they play mostly rock). and i do it because it makes me get to the right mood for playing. it is kinda ritual...
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
    • cjchalmers
      cjchalmers
      Bronze
      Hi .. i use last.fm when i am playing poker and my most common search phrase is "relaxing","classical","piano" ... the ultimate non tilt music lol :D

edit: ahhhh soothing
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Gold
      I either listen to Deep bassline Trance, DnB or flip completely to the other side and listen to random pop tunes and oldies, just depends on my mood, but if I am feeling unfocused then it has to be fast dance / DnB.
    • jecis4
      jecis4
      Bronze
      I listen to House, Trance, Techno, Hardcore and Hardstyle while playing, cuz its nuts.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      YEAH CHILL OUT A BIT OF TIESTO OR JOHN O CALLAGHAN AND IM PIMPING
    • MareksVas
      MareksVas
      Bronze
      Depends on mood. Music style may vary from classical music to rock/pop/hip hop.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      some smooth soulful hip hop...

and it must be something that I've heard billion times before because I don't want to get caught up in the music too much..
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      I choose music carefully when I play because my mood does get affected by most things, also by music. I also get distracted if it's too loud because then I can't seem to pay enough attention and... sometimes I drift into daydreams too lol. :f_biggrin:

I listen to songs which have a positive affect on me: so songs which I can relate to great times and that just makes me feel confident and great basically.

2 examples follow below :]

The song above I relate to BMP in Munich as we listened to it alot and those times were greeeeeat. It also makes me think about Vienna 2010, the extacy action with twicet :D

On a sidenote:

That was just awesome :D

The second song is a song which I listened aloooot to whilst mr twicet himself held his motivation and wisdom-speeches to me so whenever I hear the song I just feel like I can crush the whole world basically. It makes me dare what I normaly don't. :D

There are many more examples ofc but those are 2 of my favourites :f_love:
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I also choose what music I listen to very carefully when playing poker, needs to be something I can get caught up in and listen the whole way through. Some DnB or Dubstep, or maybe some Post Rock like Godspeed! You Black Emperor or Sigur Ros :)
    • knb22
      knb22
      Gold
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      or maybe some Post Rock like Godspeed! You Black Emperor or Sigur Ros :)
      This.

Also, poker players' music taste in general sucks. Techno, house, RnB and all that shit. Meh..
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Listening to F#A# whilst playing poker is perfect. It just blocks everything else in the world out and you can just focus perfectly :)
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      tbh i believe its better to play without music,although i most times put somethin on,i see i am way better focused without music
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      I use meditation tapes in the background! Works great for focus and clear thinking.
    • alister15
      alister15
      Bronze
      I've been experimenting lately with music v no music. I think I concentrate better with music. Normally listen to dnb, jungle, breakcore, happy hardcore, hardstyle etc but sometimes old skool punk like the clash, operation ivy and the buzzcocks and also bands like the pixies and stonroses. I love my music :)
    • Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      Well, i have discovered, that i am concentrating pretty good, when theres no music around. Pretty much ideal to have almost complete silence. But when i listen to music, its basically two types of music, it depends on my mood...

1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBMwV58Upm0

2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg5ijWg7y_g

But when listening to second, its a bit harder to concentrate on the game, because i sometimes forget myself and just start enjoying the music. :f_love:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Not bad^^
    • BCShad0w
      BCShad0w
      Bronze
      I think I tend to play more patiently when I'm listening to music.

I'm meant to taking time away from the tables, yet I still play freerolls. I just feel that Im not focusing on how many hands I've folded or played, or the chip stacks until I'm actually in a hand.

When not listening to music, Im just distracted on trying to make stuff up in the time Im waiting for a hand to pop up. Sometimes I'll even pause the music while playing a hand and resume while I wait for the next playable hand.

/C
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Bronze
      Mostly don't listen when playing but the last couple of sessions had me playing along to the sound of Grandmaster Flash @ Space in Ibiza (broadcast on radio 1) - Awesome... Stacked off loads though so prob not +ev :f_mad:

Other than that... anything from primal scream to johnny cash - Eclectic music taste is the way forward :s_cool: