[NL2-NL10] NL10 SBvsBB, good cbet?

• Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      ***** Hand History for Game 2390152162 ***** (IPoker)
      $10.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Friday, August 13, 07:27:19 ET 2010
      Table Huvil (Real Money)
      Seat 1 is the button
      Seat 1: VelMish ( $5.45 USD )
      Seat 3: guntas ( $10.00 USD )
      Seat 5: astrapot ( $0.00 USD )
      Seat 8: Piters1990 ( $13.33 USD )
      Seat 10: reeeeeeeeej ( $12.02 USD )
      Piters1990 posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
      reeeeeeeeej posts big blind [$0.10 USD].
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to Piters1990 [ J :diamond: 7 :diamond: ]
      VelMish folds
      Piters1990 raises [$0.25 USD]
      reeeeeeeeej calls [$0.20 USD]
      ** Dealing Flop ** [ A :spade: , 8 :heart: , K :heart: ]
      Piters1990 bets [$0.40 USD]
      reeeeeeeeej calls [$0.40 USD]
      ** Dealing Turn ** [ 2 :heart: ]
      Piters1990 checks
      reeeeeeeeej checks
      ** Dealing River ** [ 2 :club: ]
      Piters1990 checks
      reeeeeeeeej bets [$0.80 USD]
      Piters1990 folds

Villain 14/7/2.0 on 46h big sample size

The raise was a pure steal because of his FoldtoSteal stat 86 and the nitty stats overall. The only thing that i doubt here is the cbet...Afterwards i am shutting out, whatever comes out.
  • 5 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Ur preflop raise was a little bit small for a steal. 3.5xBB will be better against a nit and if villain calls u also have more information.

Flop cbet size was a little bit large. 1/2 - 2/3 pot should be enough to drive villain out if villain's a nit and had air.

I would probably try 2 or even 3 barrells in this situation. After the flop bet got called, I would fire another big barrell on the turn. I prefer to put a nit on a test instead of giving away a pot like this :P

Just a personal preference and please correct me if you think this line is way off in this situation.
    • Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      I guess if he is a complete nit, then the turn and river could be pretty scary for shis TP. But the fact, that made me to shut down here was the smallish sample size...
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      If u have time u can do a real-time search on PTR

Just did it for u and seems that he's NO nit :P
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I prefer also 3xbb pf and better keep your bet sizes the same
      If you make 2x with garbage and 4x with aces anyone can understand that quite quickly and starting abusing you
      I think taking once stab and then shutting down is fine
      I´d make it 1/2 potsize.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think preflop is fine considering it's a pure steal and villain is supposedly nitty. So when he folds it doesn't matter, but if you make it bigger and he calls here is what will happen:

1/ you'll be in a bigger pot out of position
      2/ with a crappy hand
      3/ up against the calling range of a nit, meaning it's way stronger than J7s.

So you're crushed equity-wise as well as position-wise, which is a recipe for disaster.

On the flop I agree, you don't need to bet so big to make him fold when he has less than Kx / draws, so you can lose less money against hands that won't fold if you simply make it smaller.

I wouldn't really barrel with no outs whatsoever against a guy who is likely capable of just calling with stuff like AQ/AJ preflop and won't fold them BBvsSB.

Easy fold on the river, we have nothing and he could have slowplayed a flush on the turn, otherwise he's just valuebetting Ax. If you think he'd bet all flushes on the turn you could think about raising the river, but your line looks like nothing at all so you'd be purely relying on him playing weak to make him fold there.

Hope it helps.