This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AQ from BB

• ukwagon
      ukwagon
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position
      UTG
      UTG1

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.86 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , Q:heart:
      UTG calls $0.04, UTG1 raises to $0.08, 7 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, UTG calls $0.26, UTG1 calls $0.22.

Flop: ($0.92) J:diamond: , 7:heart: , K:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.23, UTG1 folds, Hero calls $0.23.

Turn: ($1.38) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.34, Hero raises to $1.20, UTG folds.

Final Pot: $2.92

Do you think the turn bet should off been a min rise?

PS thanks for your input :s_love:
  • 2 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      stack sizes?

ch/c turn and donk river might be better. A ch/r (mini or not) looks too strong here and has no extra ev than just a donk bet or a ch/c.

UTG is passive and might call a river bet but not a ch/r on the turn.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Include everybody's stack sizes if possible, it's very important information.

I like your 3-bet preflop even tho these guys have a small pfr% there should be value in it.

Postflop assuming everyone has a healthy stack (if one of them is short we're going to get shoved on a lot more often) I would just c-bet that board since it's possible for them to fold low pocket pairs or random speculative stuff like 54 and the likes that totally whiffed and I don't expect to get raised off my overcard+gutshot outs by these guys unless they have me beat.

As played on the turn and still assuming you're 100bb effective with villain I would either lead out or check/raising depending on how often I think he'll bet again. When in doubt I usually just lead out since I'd expect him to give up on bluffs sometimes and to check back any and all pair+draw hands he can have on the turn, so I like forcing the action better.

Hope it helps.