how to react to call after raise on flop

• Floating
      Floating
      Bronze
      hi,

how to react to a call after raise on the flop where you bet 2/3 of the pot but still have some chips left

eg. u have $2 on a NL table

let's say u have AK and bet 0.40 as no one bets before you. you get one call after you so now u go to the flop with a pot of 0.95

still 1.60 in ur stack > 1.5 the pot

lets say there is a K on the flop

u bet 2/3 of the pot = 0.65, so still 0.95 left

if opponent raises u go all in, but what to do if he calls?

if im correct the short stack basic strategy pages dont say what to do in that case.
      (in this case i moved all in as i did not want to give him a chance to improve for free on the next card)
  • 4 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      If you would find yourself in this position as a short stack, with Top pair Top kicker on the flop, you could just go all in straight away. if you did bet 2/3 pot, and face a raise behind, the rest of your stack should go in anyway.
    • Floating
      Floating
      Bronze
      i sticked to the strategy as it is outlined in the basic articles so did a 2/3 pot raise
      i did not get a raise after me (in case of a raise the strategy article says to go all in)
      i however did get a call after me (in that case the article does not mention how to react)
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Ahh, I see. Well, this would speak for just pushing on the flop. Obviously, if you have TPTK, and your 2/3 pot size flop bet gets called, you are all in for whatever you have left on the turn. By this time, more than half your stack is already in, and you have what you are looking for with SSS, TPTK. This is why it is probably better to just push the flop, and hope for a weaker hand to call.
    • rrwillem
      rrwillem
      Bronze
      Hi Floating,

you are commited either way. If he raises or just calls. Go all-in on the turn no matter what.