This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 2 Pair on 1 suited flop. NL5

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.46)
      Hero ($5.38)
      UTG ($4.64)
      UTG+1 ($1.73)
      UTG+2 ($6.66)
      MP1 ($7.60)
      MP2 ($15.87)
      CO ($13.34)
      BTN ($4.65)

Dealt to Hero 9:club: Q:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.20, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, BTN calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.22) Q:spade: 9:spade: 8:spade:

Hero bets $0.95, BTN calls $0.95

TURN ($3.12) Q:spade: 9:spade: 8:spade: 6:club:

Hero bets $2.10, BTN raises to $3.10 (AI), Hero calls $1

RIVER ($9.32) Q:spade: 9:spade: 8:spade: 6:club: T:spade:

Villain is a nit, but cannot lay down hands, I've seem him shove with JJ on a KQA board. This was the 3rd time he attempted a BS on me and the only time I had a little something to fight back with. How you playing assuning that you made the same moves I did pre-flop? and does it not look like I have something decent here?
  • 3 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      IMO 9Qs is not the hand for a 3bet OOP against a nit who just OR 4BB.

Lucky flop for u and the line seems fine. Nit probably had AsQ and got lucky on the river.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by yeahyoung0312
      IMO 9Qs is not the hand for a 3bet OOP against a nit who just OR 4BB.

Lucky flop for u and the line seems fine. Nit probably had AsQ and got lucky on the river.
      I agree mostly, tho preflop is debatable depending on exactly what you mean by him being a nit. If he's 8/7 with 10% steal over 300+ hands it's pretty dumb to 3-bet him, if it's more like 13/12 with 30% steal during the same sample it's overall a pretty good idea to attack his steals with decent but not good hands.

I'm felting it postflop as well, there isn't really any way we can check/fold that and letting him bet what he wants to bet is a bad idea against nitty opponents, so when in doubt forcing the action and going broke if possible is the path to follow.

Hope it helps.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Villain had J,9 in case anyone was wondering with no spade. So I feel I played correctly, and I'm sorry his Blind steal was 26% playing 9/7 across 436 hands. I usually post stats but was more interested in the post-flop play than anything else. :) Blind steal was 100% for this session though.

I may of stepped out of line with this re-steal, but at the same time I can't just let someone steal my blind every time they get the opportunity.