Transfer money rebookable?

• ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      For example you sell alot of runescape items for $100.

That guy transfer you $100 first on your acc.

I give him the runescape items.

Can he rebook his transfer? I know in pstars you can't. In paypal you can.

-----------------------------------------------

Another example than:

I am person A and the guy who I am dealing with is person B.

B offers A $100 on full tilt poker if A cleans his car for him.

A wants the payment upfront, B sends A $100 on A's full tilt poker account.

A cleans the car.

Question: Can person B somehow cheat and "retract" the transfer that he send the person A? (Like a scam)

The solution @ pstars:
      I know this is not possible @ pstars.

The solutation @ paypal:
      This is possible at paypal when person A doesn't have a prove/receipt.
  • 15 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      your runescape example really explained things well ?(
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

I really don't understand your question, can you use another word than rebooking and make it more poker related as I really have no idea what this runescope thing is.

Best regards,

Primzi
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Another example than:

I am person A and the guy who I am dealing with is person B.

B offers A $100 on full tilt poker if A cleans his car for him.

A wants the payment upfront, B sends A $100 on A's full tilt poker account.

A cleans the car.

Question: Can person B somehow cheat and "retract" the transfer that he send the person A? (Like a scam)

The solution @ pstars:
      I know this is not possible @ pstars.

The solutation @ paypal:
      This is possible at paypal when person A doesn't have a prove/receipt.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Nope, this is not possible on FTP as Poker rooms aren't a payment service like PayPal... When a transfer is done, it is done. Just be careful not to get accused of money dumping if you do this with several people, etc. as your account could get closed.

Primzi
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Aight thanks for your help. I want to trade some online items vs some small amount of ftp $'s :)

Needed to make sure he can't get it back like paypal
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Just make sure it's legal ;) .
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Well I don't understand alot about that money dumping...

He'll probably send me something like 20-100$ so no problems right?
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      In general it shouldn't be a problem, but it might be. For instance, you might have problems with withdrawing it. And if more than 1 player sends you money, FTP will probably monitor your account... There have been problems before regarding chip dumping, so yeah. It would most likely be best for you to do the transfers over moneybookers or netteller. Btw is selling/buying online items legal? Because if it's not then this isn't the best place to ask about that kind of stuff.

Primzi
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      I'm not going to talk about selling items vs $ legal, lets say I'll just do it with a friend. Its like talking about piracy here ;)

I'm pretty new to FTP but getting the hang of it so, if I can get someone (one or two, maybe three). This way I have more money to play poker, I don't plan to withdraw them, just want to use them to play and if I win like $50, can I withdraw that?

Whats the advantage of moneybookers over FTP? I hate paypal because its rebooking system.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello again!

Well, if this stuff is illegal, Pokerstrategy could potentially have some problems cause of it so please do not mention it anymore here, ok?

Err, moneybookers is an e-wallet and not a poker room so it is kind of more suitable for transferring money to a friend for example without having any problems with it. About the terms for withdrawing the money received by a transfer, you should contact the Full Tilt support, we can unfortunately not provide you accurate information regarding that :( .

Best regards,

Primzi
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      I can tell u what happened to me based on personal experience.
      I staked a guy for a $26 MTT. I got 100% of whatever money was won, and the guy got to play a higher limit tourny without risk. He ended up shipping it and transfered me the money. I tried to imediatly withdraw it as it was a sizable amount of money. FT rejected my first withdrawl b/c they said transfers are to be used at the tables. I sent them a bunch of emails and they eventually let me withdraw the money. If u want to use the money to play at Ft then it shouldnt be a problem to withdraw it later,.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      @Primzi: I know whats illegal and I am not trying to open a discussion about it :)
      My question is plain simple: Does moneybookers has a "retract/rebooking" system like I explained few posts ago? Just like paypal? :)

@i5bet72o: Thanks alot for your story :)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hmm, why are you so afraid of this rebooking system? It is only there to prevent fraud, so unless you do fraudulent stuff, you shouldn't be afraid of it.

And to answer your question: As far as I know, moneybookers doesn't have a system like that, but you will probably be able to get the best info from the moneybookers site.

Primzi
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Well its simple and fair when rebooking isn't allowed. Its not like we're going to make big deals over $500 or something.

He gives me the money.
      I give him his stuffs.
      I do not want him to rebook it after receiving my stuffs leaving me with an empty hand.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      But without rebooking, he can send you the money and you don't give him the stuff so that's kinda fair? :f_eek: Something sounds fishy here. He must be able to prove it to be able to rebook, if you give him the stuff just take a picture/video and you have proof... But since this isn't really poker related at all, I think you've chosen a wrong forum ;) .

Primzi