Playing on 20-50 bb tables

• ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Hey guys, I am looking to hear about the different opinions in playing 20-50 bb tables on pokerstars. I've been playing these on nl10 and 25 purely because there are alot more fish than on the normal stacked tables, however I am unaware of the downfalls if there are any so I am looking forward to hear the pro and cons from diff players.
  • 8 replies
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Well, I play shortstacked on these ATM with some success (NL50). Haven't tried playing with 50bb on them.
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      donno bout any downfalls but I suggest you to play less speculative holdings cause you don't rlly have the implied odds for them.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

You should either play SSS or MSS at these tables, not BSS as you are not deep enough to play BSS profitably.

Best regards,

SF
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Schnitzelfisch
      You should either play SSS or MSS at these tables, not BSS as you are not deep enough to play BSS profitably.
      Wrong Answer. :f_mad: (BSS players have to know and understand effective stacks much better than SSS and MSS players combined and multiplied by 2.75.)

donno bout any downfalls but I suggest you to play less speculative holdings cause you don't rlly have the implied odds for them.
      Correct Answer! :s_biggrin:

Don't play speculative hands against the shorties and you will get the monies!
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      You can't profitably play basic BSS with 50bb... It's called MSS ;)
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      You can't play bss anyway on these tables cause the max bi is 50 bb... And yes, the don;t play speculative holdings most of the time because you are not getting the correct odds most of the time is right. For begginers a basic rule of thumb would be if a guy raises you and you hold a small pocket pair and you want to call to try hit a set, you should generally make sure both of you have atleast 20 times the amount that he raised in order to make the call profitable.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Or just stay and win long enough to sit with 100xbb+ with some others :D

And yes then you will have to adjust to 20xbb, 50xbb and 100xbb+ players :f_biggrin:

T.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      You can't profitably play basic BSS with 50bb... It's called MSS ;)
      Well some of us can anyway ...