[NL2-NL10] Set on drawy flop

• aciddrop
      Titan No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50/$1.00BB (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

CO ($25.25)
      Button ($71.00)
      SB ($19.00)
      BB ($20.00)
      UTG ($77.31)
      UTG+1 ($79.00)
      UTG+2 ($180.00)
      MP1 ($39.55)
      MP2 ($112.15) (Hero)
      MP3 ($18.50)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 3:spade: , 3:diamond:
      UTG calls $1.00, 1 folds, UTG+2 raises to $4.00, 1 folds, Hero calls $4.00, 1 folds, CO calls $4.00, 4 folds

Flop: 5:diamond: , 7:heart: , 3:heart: ( $14.5 )
      UTG+2 bets $13.00, Hero raises All-In $108.15,

A very drawy board. Given that the preflop raiser has bet almost potsize, indicating maybe protecting an over pair against the flush draw, but with one still to bet behind, would this be the best move here?
  • 4 replies
    • rrwillem
      You flop a lot of sets huh? Again there is not much he can have that has you beat. If you think he has a flush draw or an overpair your all-in move might be a bit too much. A tight player might lay an overpair down on such a board. I dont know how the players are at those limits, but I would consider it. I would put in a raise indicating I might not know where I stand. Raising to about 40$ will prolly make him commited either way. Only hard thing would be what to do on the turn if a heart comes off. If they dont lay down overpairs at those limits (or its a fairly loose player) I think all-in is perfect. He techchnically cant call with his fd or some kind of weird straight draw and if he does you get a great price. If he has an overpair you get your money in great and if he has set-over-set youre just very unlucky :)

Edit: I just noticed 4 6 is the nuts atm, but I completely took that out of consideration immideately :D
    • aciddrop
      LOL. I get my share of sets, certainly not more. They are just the hand which can pay off the best, and where the value needs to be properly banked. I seem to get them most often when there is some chance that a draw could complete. I am trying to find the line between banking the win, and getting the most value. Not easy. At this limit, overprotecting can be the right way to play. No stats on the guy at this point though.

EDIT: Yeah, you can disregard 4 6 from the preflop raiser, even at this limit. :D
    • Laurenz1988
      U easily represent a semibluff, in wich case i see many overpairs snapcall. I like to play my sets agressive too, so i like it
    • Puschkin81
      Hi aciddrop!

I agree with Laurenz1988 that overpairs will call you here most of the time. Sometimes I play my draws this way. Sometimes I play my sets this way. That makes you unreadable in those situations. I like it. Nice hand!

Good luck at the tables!