This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Are SNGs harder to master than NL cash?

• gutocrapula
      gutocrapula
      Bronze
      I've been playing $1-2 sngs, watching videos and reading the articles. My BR right now is around $76. I reached $100, was so happy then crashed back to $60 and grinded back to this...

I took a break and studied more after the downsing and it gave me a better perspective.

I want to know if sngs are much tougher to learn then NL BSS since you have the different fases and ICM to learn. I understood ICM after struggling and doing a lot of research. But I'm sloooow at doing math in my head and everybody says you have to spend hours studying ICM and analyzing hands to get good at sngs... I also cannot afford to buy any software right now (Would buy if I made money with poker) and don't want to let this hobby take over my life but really want to build my BR and improve over time.
  • 2 replies
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      I don't think much about ICM. instead I just burnt it into my head. its instinctual at this point for me. I never think solidly about the numbers. I learnt it through situations instead.

I did it by:

- posting hands in the hand forums

- quiz mode in SnG wizard. ( A LOT ) on all difficulties.

I will refresh myself via sng wizard once a week and make sure i'm up to scratch.

I think with sng wiz sngs are a lot easier to learn via cash,and I would always recommend it to beginners as I believe the learning curve is a lot less steep.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

Please do not make two similar threads in the forums.

Post your further replies to:

Are SNGs harder to master than NL cash?

Primzi