This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH Rush - Monsterdraw

• StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $26.25
      BB (Hero):
      $32.12
      MP2:
      $34.79
      MP3:
      $25.00
      CO:
      $11.68
      BU:
      $29.75

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, 5.
      MP2 raises to $0.85, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.8) 4, K, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25.

Turn: ($4.3) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $3.00, Hero raises to $30.02, MP2 calls $27.02.

River: ($64.34) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $64.34.

Thought that check-shove would create tremendous amount of fold equity, especially being a bit deeper than 100bb, but in hindsight I think a shove is quite bad w/ given stacks and makes my hand super-obvious!?

Would've made more sense if I had check-raised the flop and then check-shoved the turn? Getting a free river card or if villain bets, giving me even more FE with this much stronger looking line?

No reads/stats on villain
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      it all depends what hand you want him make to fold
      I think very reasonable line is c/c flop and then lead out even on blank turn. If he has there AQ I doubt he is going to float you on the turn
      c/r flop and then c/rai turn is nice move and should insure quite a lot fold equity to Kx hand if he decides to b/f turn
      Right now your play looks a lot like draw and I think players would b/c to c/rai with top pair hands
      I think you likely gain more fold equity to c/r to 8$ and then shoving any river card