[NL2-NL10] NL2 - JT Flopped nuts

• DannyG13
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, T.
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.04, MP3 calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.15) Q, A, K (3 players)
      MP2 bets $0.15, MP3 calls $0.15, Hero raises to $0.55, MP2 calls $0.40, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($1.4) 7 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.60, MP2 calls $0.60.

River: ($2.6) 9 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1.18, MP2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.6.

Any way to get more value out of this sort of hand? I think I had to raise the flop, hands like AQ/AK were going nowhere and feel I had to protect against the flush. Bet sizing okay? Maybe too small on the turn? Thoughts please.
  • 2 replies
    • minihulk22
      Flop - 0.6c at least
      Turn - $1 - $1.2 ( in this way he's committing a big chunk of his stack and sometimes he'll shove on the turn at your bet w/ draws)
      River - shove the rest in the case that he doesn't shove the turn . I think even if a 3rd club comes , completing the flush you'll have to pay him off , he will often have inferior hands like 2 pairs or even from an A , being pot committed .
    • Duudalinja

You can raise flop bigger, because if someone has Ax they will rarely fold it anyway and they may still call with draws, but overall you got the main idea - raise flop solid.

Bet turn more. I'd like to see turn bet big enough to be committed by river or if raised flop bigger you could be able to shove turn. Not all NL2 players have any idea about pots odds and outs, so they may still call with FD just because it's a draw without realizing how expensive that became for them.

Betting bigger on flop and turn would mean no hard decisions on river.

Good luck!