[NL2-NL10] BB hand

• dragonste
      dragonste
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd, hands go to http://www.pokerstrategy.com/en/articles/182/?referer=grabem_hand)
      Position(Stack):
      BBvsSteal WTS W$SD ORL
      RaisePreflop hands AF vp$ip

SB (2.59):
      - 0 - -
      21 14 - 29BB (4.85)

MP1 (4.01):
      - 50 0 100
      8 13 2.0 46

MP3 (2.15):
      0 27 67 0
      0 14 0.3 86

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Jc, Td
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.40) Jd, 9s, 3h (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.2, MP1 calls $0.20, 2 folds.

Turn: ($0.80) Qs (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.4, MP1 raises to $0.80, Hero raises to $1.50, MP1 calls $0.70.

River: ($3.80) Js (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.05 (All-In), MP1 calls $2.21 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $8.22

mostly wanting to know about the turn the river was mostly easy cos the cards made it ten times easier,
      thanks
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

I like leading out the flop and turn, but I don't like 3betting his raise on turn because if he shoves your JT can't be good there. It's a limped pot and he likes to call often enough pre, so if he raises you here he has something that connects to this flop well like pair+draw, two pair, straight, 33 etc. because all those hands are in his range.
      So I like calling turn and re-evaluating river.
      On this river you may b/c if he's capable of shoving Qx, two pair combos on this paired board, because he will call/shove his straights/boats anyway, but I think c/c is not bad alternative to give him chance to bet worse on his own.

Good luck!
    • dragonste
      dragonste
      Bronze
      cheers...
      i had watched the guy a little bit and he liked to try a few moves, he had A10o in this case, an still called, can u understand this? i have been playing on the tables with the highest amount of fish as in pls/flop sometimes as high as 50% but no lower than 30% so would any of these justistify my play in this hand?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Then why didn't you tell us that in the first place? It seems like important information that should be included.

Obviously if you know he's completely retarded and you can play 2nd pair for a value 3-bet against him go ahead but you'll have to call a shove in that case, which looks really really thin. I agree with Duudalinja that even if you think he's full of shit sometimes JT isn't usually strong enough to felt on the turn, so I'd rather call the minraise to keep him bluffing and head for a call down maybe if the river is decent to us.

Hope it helps.