• abzupfer
      abzupfer
      Bronze
      Hero:
      $3.34
      MP3:
      $1.84

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 3:heart: , 4:heart:
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0.04, CO folds, Hero calls $0.04, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.14) 5:diamond: , 4:club: , 2:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.10, BB folds, MP3 raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.54) K:club: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.54) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.52, MP3 calls $0.32.

Final Pot: $1.58

i) Flop: Since I am on the Button and everyone checks I try to steal the pot. The checkraise in an unraised pot is strange; I don't give him a very good hand here. His stack is not very big, but I still think I have enough implied odds to call for my oesd. OK?

ii) On the river I have my straight - should I bet bigger? I want him to call with a worse hand but he could also have something like two pair or a set (though unlikely due to the action) with which he will call more... or will he go all in with a set anyway?

--
      BSS beginner
  • 10 replies
    • Laurenz1988
      Laurenz1988
      Bronze
      Fine by me, if he had a set etc, he wouldve bet the turn.
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      This is a very good draw. I would play it even against the odds. U got very good implied odds against sets, over pairs and aces. Nice hand.

Preflop call might be questionable, I would fold it or raise it 3.5xBB (depends on my table image), I would call it with at least 3 limpers.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi abzupfer!

If you want to steal the pot you should raise preflop. By limping you are not stealing the pot. After the flop it's played well imo. But preflop either raise or fold.

i) Yes, the implied odds are really good here to call with your middle pair plus straight draw.

ii) You could also try to get more value from him and raise to ~$0.75. But that depends on the opponent and how often he wants to see a showdown.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • abzupfer
      abzupfer
      Bronze
      thanks!
      stealing preflop didn't occur to me ... as I am BSS beginner I am rather tight .. but I will think about it :D
    • Laurenz1988
      Laurenz1988
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rubysilesia
      This is a very good draw. I would play it even against the odds. U got very good implied odds against sets, over pairs and aces. Nice hand.

Preflop call might be questionable, I would fold it or raise it 3.5xBB (depends on my table image), I would call it with at least 3 limpers.
      Draw aint that good at all, its too obvious and ur implied are way too low.
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by abzupfer
      thanks!
      stealing preflop didn't occur to me ... as I am BSS beginner I am rather tight .. but I will think about it :D
      If nobody shows strenght preflop and you are on the button then you can steal all the dead money with a very wide range of hands. Not that super great at NL10 probably but you'll start doing it when you move up for sure.
      Position + agression > cards
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      I can't agree with u Laurenz. The advantages of this draw are imo: many outs (13 to at least 2 pair), the fact that ace completes it (implied odds), people tend to underestimate rag flops even if they are obviously connected, especially on this limits.
    • Laurenz1988
      Laurenz1988
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rubysilesia
      I can't agree with u Laurenz. The advantages of this draw are imo: many outs (13 to at least 2 pair), the fact that ace completes it (implied odds), people tend to underestimate rag flops even if they are obviously connected, especially on this limits.
      The 2 pair arent full outs, since if u make 2pair, theres a 4straight on the board, and i can see the villain have an ace easily. When an ace or a six comes, theres ALSO a 4straight on the board, it'll be too obvious our hero has the straight then. And how can flops be rag if they are obviously connected?!??! 245 aint a ragged flop at all.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      I think you should fold PF. Raising pre-flop is bad unless the blinds and MP3 play very weakly. You need Fold Equity for your hand to be playable for a raise.

You can't call PF since MP3's stack is just too short. If he had a fullish stack calling would be fine if there wasn't a maniac (or two) in the blinds.

Post-flop I think you played the hand very well. The flop is a clear value-bet with plenty (most probably) of outs in case you are in fact behind.
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      I agree with you Laurentz. But all I,m trying to say is that on NL5 this draw is profitable (I know it from my experience). There's a lot of bad player who will go to showdown with any made hand no matter what's on the flop (especially with over pairs, sometimes with over cards).