$10.10
      MP1:
      $11.87
      MP2:
      $9.30
      MP3:
      $13.41

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, 5.
      UTG2 calls $0.10, MP1 raises to $0.40, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.40, CO folds, Hero calls $0.40, SB folds, BB calls $0.30, UTG2 folds.

Flop: ($1.75) Q, 9, T (4 players)
      BB checks, MP1 bets $1.10, MP3 folds, Hero calls $1.10, BB folds.

Turn: ($3.95) J (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3.95) 2 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $3.95.

opponent is 51/51 with 73 hands and agg 4. i thought that although the board was so wet and likely to hit his range, he has so much that was simply rubbish and i could shove right on the flop.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I kinda like the call actually, when you raise and they don't fold on that flop you're actually not in great shape, often you'll get shown combo hands or two pairs that you're not doing that great against. It's still viable and I'd like it more if MP3 had called so that there would be more dead money to steal in the money, but it's not as profitable as you'd first think as played.

On the turn I usually get aggressive since I don't believe many players actually check Kx on that double flushdraw board, which means often he'll have hands that shouldn't be able to handle the pressure of a bet turn shove river line. That said, depending on how bad he is he might just call with his top pairs / two pairs anyway, in which case bluffing at him might be suicide. Your call.

For what it's worth, 51/51/4 players after 70+ hands are just as likely to be some wannabe-star lags playing lots of hands to mess around than they are to be hyperaggressive fish, simply because of the non-existent gap between vpip and pfr. People always open-raising are usually way tougher than people that call too much. If he's one of those lags he would have bet Kx on the turn very very often and he is capable of laying down pretty much anything else to two barrels just because of how credible it is for us to have Kx.

Hope it helps.